Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO involved in the fields of local capacity building & action research with special focus on food security, household incomes and resource conservation invites application from interested candidates for the following positions for its head office at Chitwan.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO founded in 1997, working in the field of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, Livestock and Fisheries, Sustainable Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management is going to implement second phase of"Nutrition Smart Village - A regional initiative project (from December 2020 to December 2023)" in Saptari and Rautahat districts of Province 2,with the financial support from Germany Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development /Welthungerhilfe (BMZ/WHH). The objective of the project is to contribute to food and nutrition security (SGD 2) amongst women of reproductive age and vulnerable young children, and food insecure families.
FORWARD Nepal is looking for an experienced and qualified women candidate below:
Position: Project Coordinator- 1 (One)
Duty Station and Key Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be based at one of the project districts or provincial headquarter, Janakpurdhamwith frequent visits to the project sites and occasional visit to FORWARD Nepal's head office, Bharatpur. She will be responsible for the overall coordination, management and reporting of the Multisectoral Nutrition Smart Village project.
Project Implementation and Management
- Involve in designing/planning programmes, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the project activities
- Administration of the project for its effective functioning and management
- Technical capacity building of staff, change agents and participating community groups as appropriate and implement activities as described in the project proposals.
- Represent FORWARD Nepal or WHH as necessary in Nepal with any relevant stakeholders including local, national and international development partners, local and provincial authorities on matters related to the project
- Participate inthe project partner's relevant meetings at the local, provincial, national or regional level in coordination with WHH and head office, when needed.
- Support FORWARD Head office to assess the donor environment in Nepal and opportunities for funding, and ensure concept notes and proposals are submitted in coordination with the strategy, synthesize relevant information and draft relevant concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure that principles of Nutrition Smart Village are included in all interventions/activities so that programme reduces vulnerability and contribute to SDG goal 2.
- Undertake travel within Nepal as required in the pursuit of the above tasks.
Coordination and Communication
- Maintain close relation/communication with WHH and FORWARD's head office for strategic and management support for the project
- Establish and ensure effective communication, working relationships and work closely with local government at municipalities, rural municipalities and provincial level for effective implementation.
- Establish and ensure effective and working relationships and work closely with all project partners in India, Bangladesh and Nepal for effective implementation of project activities
- Ensure effective working relationships with all other relevant stakeholders in the project districts including local and national government, I/NGOs, UN agencies,and other local partners working in the project districts.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure that the staff/partners are monitoring the results of activities and help develop appropriate systems to capture data, if necessary and ensure that lessons learned generated by the projects are gathered
- Inform the line manager, WHH and FORWARD head office as appropriate of any relevant issues related to the project implementation and review and suggest amendments when necessary
- Submit a monthly/annual report of the project to concerned project line manager at WHH at country or province-level as appropriate with copying to the Executive Director, FORWARD Nepal
- Ensure the financial monitoring of the budget as planned in the annual work plan.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Post-graduate degree in relevant field with 7 years of working experience.
- Familiar with donor reporting experience
- Proven financial management and budgeting experience
- Demonstrable experience in cross-cultural work
- Must be fluent in English and Nepali languages (reading, writing, and speaking), and Maithali and Bhojpuri languages will be a plus point.
- Salary and benefits will be as per the provision made in the project.
To apply, please send your latest CV and a cover letter to email@example.com latest by November 25, 2020.
Please visit FORWARD Nepal's website: www.forwardnepal.org/announcements for further information.