Program Officer - Nutrition / Program officers - Livelihood / Field Mobilizer- Livelihood
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Rural Community Development Center (RCDC)
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Rural Community Development Centre (RCDC- Nepal), Besishahar, Lamjung was established for advocacy initiatives in social justice, human rights and governance. Aiming at wellbeing of children, happiness of women and promoting governance culture, RCDC-Nepal has been managing physical and community development initiatives in Lamjung, Gorkha, Tanahun and Manangdistricts.RCDC is going to implement the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP), Building Secure Livelihoods (BSL), Nutrition and Resilient Livelihood Technical program (NRL TP) and Channel of Hope (COH) in Lamjung district from 1st October, 2020 in partnership with World Vision International Nepal. We are looking for qualified individuals to implement those projects in Lamjung district. RCDC- Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below-mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
1. Program Officer - Nutrition
Program Officer - Nutrition is responsible for managing nutrition component of the Nutrition and Resilient Livelihood Technical program (NRL TP) in the Lamjung district/ADP ensuring compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards and Nepal Government’s policies and norms.
The purpose of this position is to lead nutrition programming, capacity building and coordination across project team. With technical guidance from NGO Program Manager/WV Field Health and Nutrition Lead, the incumbent will effectively implement nutrition programming using necessary technical tools, quality benchmark, and guidance materials and analyze project results for continuous improvements of project design and implementation. The role provides support and backstopping for external relationship building with government line agencies and other related stakeholders in the district.
- Lead nutrition component of NRL TP and monitor performance of project team in implementation of project ensuring project activities are delivered within scope, time and budget
- Annual planning, budgeting and project activities implementation
- Coordinate across nutrition field staff to ensure the development and regular use of all technical tools including implementation guideline, quality benchmark, training materials, training curriculum, information materials, behavior change communication (BCC) materials and other resources
- Orient Field Officers and Mobilizers on programming tools and materials for successful program implementation
- Capacity building of Field Officers and Mobilizers to ensure adequate competencies at field level to deliver all necessary components of the nutrition program
- Ensure meaningful participation of Registered Children in project activities.
- Regular monitoring and analysis of program results in coordination with MEALS team
- Learning and sharing meetings with project staff and government staff for continuous improvement of project as well as relationship building
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and develop mitigation measures
- Regular reporting, documentation and collection of success stories on regular basis.
- Maintain strong coordination with all WV Technical Programs
- Maintain strong relationship with technical officials of government institutions and like-minded organizations in the district
- Integrated workforce management to be more strategic and effective in delivering results
- Lead in effective governance, child and adult safe organization compliances and are practiced well
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor in Public Health or Nutrition related Science with at least three years of experience in health/nutrition project management, preferably having worked in close coordination with government institutions like rural/municipality, health facility, previous District Health Office etc.
Duty Station: Office Base (with 40% field)
2. Program officers - Livelihood
The Program Officer - Livelihood will manage Resilience Livelihood Technical project in the Lamjung district. ensuring compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. The role will be responsible for managing the project and monitoring the performance of staffs, ensuring that project staffs have access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments.
- Provide management to NRL project and monitor performance of project team in implementation of project ensuring projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and development of mitigation measures
- With guidance from Field Specialist-A&ED ensure appropriate analysis and project results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of project design and implementation
- In coordination with Field sector lead- NRL relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local and district levels in alignment with project strategy/plan
- Coordinate organizational processes with which WVIN’s Agriculture & Economic Development TPs and projects have to be engaged including but not limited to annual planning and budgeting process and audit
- Ensure Planning Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality
- Supervise and mentor Facilitators so that they can perform their duties effectively
- Support project coordinator in oversee interventions to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Develop training curriculum and train Facilitators on the Graduation programme objectives, implementation process, and expected outcomes
- Regularly review-monitoring data to ensure programe implementation activities and participants’ progress are on track and report the progress.
- Situation Analysis of Local Producers and Market Opportunities
- Ensuring formation of Producer Groups and conduct training and to build capacity with support from Field Mobilizers
- Network and Liase with Local and Regional Government, NGOs and Business Groups.
- Ensures good recording and documentation for project baseline, appraisal of impacts, relevant networks and contacts
- Responsible to ensure Coaching and Mentoring to producers’ group
- Facilitate to seek orders from potential buyers and research on potential challenges to meeting buyers’ requirements and identify practical solutions.
A. Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture Science or relevant discipline with three to five year of experience in related project (Market led agriculture, LVCD)
3. Field Mobilizer- Livelihood
Field Mobilizers will be based in community and will work with a certain number (up to 20) of producers group in respective areas. With support from Market Coordinator, Field Mobilizer will work with producer groups to build their capacity on five skills, support producers’ group to record their business to contribute the objective of increasing their incomes by assisting producers to meet buyer’s requirements and gain access to more lucrative and sustainable markets.
- Support filed officer to form/reform producer groups in target area
- Engage & support to identify UPG HHs through rigorous targeting process.
- Conduct SWOR assessment of the producers groups
- Support (providing local information as required) field officer to conduct Participatory Value Chain Analysis with Producers
- Support producer groups to organize and facilitate producers group meeting
- Provide relevant information to field officer on local context on regular basis to feed into producer database compilation
- Meet producers groups regularly and keep the journal for each producer group
- Ensures producer/producer groups have kept up to date record of their business
- Collect information to produce monthly report on producer group progress
- Mobilize Savings Group Officer/facilitators and track their progress on Savings Group interventions in respective areas
- Compile savings group information to feed into savings groups database
- Support RC Monitoring (90 Days Presence Verification and Semi-Annual Well-being monitoring)
- Support & engage on community consultation, MVC identification for RC selection
- Support in identifying Children Led Most Significant Change Story
- Support on RC' Child Well Being Case Management after monitoring and follow up.
A. Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field [Essential]
- Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field with more than 1 years’ experience inrespective Field. [preferred]
Application form and detail job description can be obtaining by sending email to email@example.com or collect from mentioned address, RCDC Office. Documents will be available from 08 October 2021 onwards until 16 October 2021.
Interested candidates are requested to apply to the position through email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 P.M. by 16 October 2021. No phone calls will be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be notifying for further process. RCDC reserves right to accept or reject any submission of applications.