.............................................................. Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is a national network of peace and human rights non-governmental organizations in Nepal. It started as a loose, informal forum in June 2001 and was registered with the government of Nepal as a nonprofit and non-political network in December 2002. Currently, COCAP has 43 member organizations. It has a secretariat in each of the five regional headquarters. It has a large number of volunteers who actively involve themselves in the various aspects of its works. COCAP aims to provide a common space for its members, volunteers and friends to collectively engage in the pursuit of peace, human rights and justice in Nepal. It organizes national/regional level campaigns and programs on the issues of conflict transformation and peace building, transitional justice and social security/protection in coordination with its member organizations and other like-minded organizations.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is recruiting a Program Officer for its Nepal Monitor Project. NepalMonitor.org is a COCAP protection and conflict prevention initiative, supported by Peace Brigades International (PBI) Germany.
- Review national online media and national dailies to check for relevant reports
- Map relevant reports into database which includes translating reports from Nepali to English and vice-versa
- Code each incident report according to monitoring guideline
- Assist quality control /final oversight of PMP coding of all reports on a monthly basis
- Conduct follow-up on local newspaper reports to verify incidents with district focal persons and local journalists
- Assist in other activities of the nepalmonitor.org unit
- Perform other tasks as required
You have bachelor’s degree in social science, journalism or other relevant fields and at least 3 years of work experience in relevant field(s)
- You are interested in conflict analysis, violence monitoring, and human rights
- You have an excellent understanding of Nepal’s socio-political dynamics
- You have advanced skills in using MS Excel and some experience in Database Management
- You have excellent English and Nepali skills in speaking, reading and writing
- You are proficient in Nepali typing using Preeti and/or Unicode.
- You are detail-oriented
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy to work as part of a team
- You are citizen of Nepal
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Salary: Rupees 44,455/- per month
To apply for this position, please submit before the deadline a complete application form by visiting Application Form
Please take your time to thoroughly review the Job Description and the NepalMonitor.org website before completing your application.
The deadline for the application is 16 July, 2019.
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP)
Dalits, Janajatis, Madhesis, people with disabilities, COCAP volunteers and other minorities are especially encouraged to apply.