Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position Title : Program Manager
Location : Antenna Foundation Nepal, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur
Line Manager/reporting: Executive Director
Program Manager will hold major responsibility to generate financial resource to operate AFN effectively. Likewise this position is to work further to increase AFN's brand and visibility by producing various audio visual materials for concerned stakeholders, GON and Funding agencies. In close coordination with Program, Monitoring/Evaluation and Finance Program Manager will hold following job responsibility;
A) Project/Program Development
- Develop a resource generation plan for the organization.
- Set up, attend & facilitate relevant meetings with funding agencies.
- Maintain relationships with partners, donors and cultivate new ones.
- Ensure quality planning and implementing of project activities.
- Develop the project budget in close coordination with Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Maintain effective data base system in close coordination with ICT, Program and MEAL team.
- Review and update resource generation plan in close coordination with Executive Director.
- Supervise project activities to ensure timely and qualitative implementation of the activities.
B) Program Reporting
- Contribute to Knowledge Management, e.g. by articulating lessons learned and leading sharing sessions.
- Prepare event and periodic report in close coordination with program coordinators, officers, MEAL team and producers.
- Develop comprehensive project monitoring and evaluation mechanisms in close coordination with MEAL team.
- Perform any other tasks necessary for speedy and proper project implementation.
C) Responsibility to provide support to overall AFN programme
- Support ED and Program Manager in strategizing the programmes to make it more effective and efficient.
- Develop implementation strategies and modalities for organizational and institutional development activities.
- Update AFN's website and social media pages with relevant information.
- Plan appropriate strategies for future programme expansion.
- Preferably Masters degree with 2-3 years experience and sound knowledge of overall program design, management and monitoring.
- Previous experience of all aspects of report writing, preparing successful proposals, including project research, log frames and budgets
- Experience of managing teams at a level which demonstrates experience in developing and leading on systems and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the use of media to achieve development goals is an advantage.
- Experience of coordinating and administrating multi-partner projects.
- Ability to work on own initiative and organize time effectively within a range of often conflicting deadlines.
- Applicants with extremely sound ideas, but little experience on media sector will be considered on evidence of creativity and potential.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English.