Program Development Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
Program Development Officer (Based in Kathmandu)
Program Development Officer (PDO) is responsible to coordinate development of concept notes and proposals for submission to donors. This position requires closely working with thematic coordinators, technical specialists and budgeting experts during the design process. This position will be the focal point for ‘sustainable development longer term’ Project proposals, but can support Emergency proposal development as necessary. The incumbent is expected to ensure mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion considerations into all designs, documents and also ensure that new program development is aligned to the CARE Nepal Country Office Business Plan.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences / Economics / Development Management or other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in the development sector in project/ program design and development. Familiarity with current development practices, policies and organizations in Nepal.
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Strong knowledge and experience in project/program design and development.
- Knowledge and experiences on program strategy development and goal setting.
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Familiar about international development goals and country strategies.
- Excellent writing, documentation and dissemination skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team and coordinate tasks and responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge on gender equity and diversity, and rights based programming.
- Ability to use computer applications
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 05 November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.