Program Coordinator (Youth and Civil Society Engagement)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal Vacancy Announcement
Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights.
As part of the broader reproductive justice movement and Ipas global sustainable abortion ecosystem approach, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender-based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice.
Position: Program Coordinator (Youth and Civil Society Engagement)
Type: Fixed Term
Number of positions: 1
The Program Coordinator position is a Kathmandu based position. The overall job responsibilities of Program Coordinator are to coordinate and implement Youth and Civil Society engagement activities in the Ipas Nepal in close coordination and support with Ipas Nepal program and technical units, partners, field level staff and other stakeholders. The Program Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Advisor-Partnership and Field Operations and report to the supervisor on monthly basis.
Key roles and responsibilities are:
- Involve and contribute program design, planning, monitoring and implementation.
- Provide technical support to the stakeholders that includes health institutions, local body, civil society, community for effective implementation of strengthening the safe abortion ecosystem program.
- Prepare capacity building and mobilization guideline, orientation packages and manuals and conduct training, meeting and workshops
- Coordinate and collaborate with Government agencies, NGOs and CSOs for program ownership and sustainability.
- Capacity building of partners, CSOs and community volunteers
- Prepare concept papers, project reports and program tracking
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Master's degree in Public Health with 4 years of experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Strong knowledge on sexual and reproductive health program, women’s right, gender justice and preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience in SRHR
- Knowledge and skills on the use of program data for improving program performance.
- Knowledge on government health system, provincial and local level planning process and knowledge on FCHV program, youth (ASRH) program and CSO engagement.
- Experience on partnership (sub-grant) management
- Sound coordination and communication skills must be a team player who is self-motivated and motivates his/her team.
- Must contribute to safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully.
- Good Computer Skill on Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills including report writing and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel in the field and in remote areas approximately 60% time in the field
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline - 16 Jan 2022
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.