Procurement and Logistic Assistant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
First time Notice Published Date: 20th September 2018
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal is Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 2056 B.S.Since the beginning, the organization has implemented different projects primarily focused on community development and social transformation to bring positive and sustained changes in the lives of poor and vulnerable citizens. FORD Nepal has focused on fostering rural livelihood improvement through organizing people and developing inclusive leadership. Recently, the organization is implementing Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Service (CRS Nepal) at Likhu and Champadevi rural municipality of (former Singhadevi, Raniban and Phulbari VDCs of Okhaldhunga) to reconstruct community infrastructure and restore the livelihoods. Under ORR program, FORD Nepal is implementing Livelihood, Shelter and Restoration program. For successful implementation of the ORRP in rural areas, FORD Nepal is looking for qualified and experienced following positions.
No of position: 1
Job Location: Manthali, Ramechhap
Length of Contract:Initial 1 year with highly possibility of extension
Reporting to:Operations Coordinator
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Intermediate or +2 graduate(Preferred management/at least 2 years of relevant experiences in I/NGOs).
- Experience in Procurement and Logistic process, planning and implementation at district level in non-governmental organizations.
- In depth knowledge of procurement and logistic sector and its working modality
- Strong communication, documentation, and dissemination skills
- Excellent skills in operating computer programs with various software
- Technical skills and work experience on designing and applying tracking tools, process and analysis packages and report generation.x
Area of responsibilities:
- Arrange on time venue/hall booking for official events, workshops & training and oversee logistics arrangement.
- Provide and facilitate ticketing & transport facility as per staff request.
- On time service delivery for repair and maintenance work at office building and international staff residence
- Ensure regular payment of utility bills
- Supervise to office helper and messengers.
- Timely preparation and submission of reports as required.
- Participate in the meetings, workshops and seminars.
- To be in regular communication & coordination with FORD Nepalmembers and other stakeholders
- Arranging executive board, procurement committee, program management committee meeting and preparing minutes of those meetings
- Maintain equipment and fix assets in good running condition.
- Maintain stock book assets, record book, physical verification of inventory and reporting.
- Receive requests for goods and services and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed.
- Advise requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale.
- Coordinate the collection of quotations/pro-forms and routes purchase requisitions into purchase orders in close collaboration with the finance department.
- Support to coordinate the collection /delivery of goods, including adequate record keeping
- Support the procurement committee in preparing tender documents, receiving/collecting bids and preparing comparative bid analysis for the tendering committee.
- Help to prepare tender awards and contracts and submits them to the PM for approval and further endorsement.
- Supervises the purchasers, enables them to perform to their maximum capacity by managing their workload, evaluating their performance and by arranging optimal working conditions.
- Updated procurement tracker
- Help maintain an up-to-date suppliers list and submits the list regularly for revision.
- Inform department heads and requestors pro-actively about delays and other problems in the supply chain.
Salaries and benefits: According to FORD-Nepal Standards
Interested Nepali citizen are request to forward their Covering latterand CV with expected salary to email@example.com by 30th September 2018 5:00 pm or can submit at FORD Nepal’s Project ImplementationUnit. Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted for selection process. The organization reserve the right to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever. We encourage women, people of ethnic minorities and Dalits to apply.
For more details:
Human Resources Department
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal)
Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP)
Project Implementation Unit
Phone. - 048-540602
|Category||Logistics / Procurement|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||20 Sep, 2018|
|Apply Before||30 Sep, 2018|