Private Sector Financing and Partnership Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SCOPE OF WORK
TAYAR NEPAL – IMPROVED DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT
PRIVATE SECTOR FINANCING AND PARTNERSHIP SPECIALIST
Position: Private Sector Financing and Partnership Specialist
Type of Employment: Long Term Technical Assistance
Period of Performance: On/about Sep 01, 2020 to Jan 21, 2021
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, Nepal
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal– Improved Disaster Risk Management Project (Tayar Nepal) is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and sub-national institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness and response. Nationally, Tayar Nepal works with the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA) and other disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) entities to improve how national-level systems and institutions address to all types of risks caused by natural hazards and technical disasters. Locally, Tayar Nepal works in target municipalities to enhance local DRRM capacity by working with existing and new local bodies and communities to identify and implement successful DRRM initiatives which are consistent with national level policies and guidelines
Component 3 is Tayar Nepal’s rapid response mechanism designed for rapid activation and mobilization in the event of a disaster. While originally conceptualized for use in the event of a large natural disaster such as earthquake or flood, USAID plans to activate Component 3 to enable the project to support the NDRRMA in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic which has taken hold in Nepal. The first task order is expected to focus on the following objectives:
- Prepare municipalities for the socio-economic impacts of the Covid-19 crisis
- Pilot replicable livelihood and economic support activities
- Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs
The Private Sector Financing and Partnership Specialist will provide technical leadership of all activities under Objective 3–Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs, from design to implementation, and within budget and timeframe, ensuring USAID expectations and program deliverable targets are met or exceeded.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Private Sector Financing and Partnership Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Technical leadership of all activities under Objective 3 – Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs, from design to implementation, and within budget and timeframe, ensuring USAID expectations and program deliverable targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead the rapid private sector landscape analysis with support from other Tayar Nepal team and private sector landscape STTA (DAI HO Specialist).
- Identify and document gaps in private sector recovery that require focus support in recovery planning;
- Develop flexible financing mechanisms in consultation with local government, banks, andother entities to support MSMEs in key productive sectors of the economy;
- Provide advisory services for MSMEs to help them better plan for financial shocks andother disasters.
- In coordination with other Tayar Team, partner organizations, Government Officials, and other stakeholders, leading the process of developing selection criteria of beneficiaries, beneficiaries selection, small medium enterprise development and support design and implementation, due diligence, risk mitigation and compliance, and all relevant activities.
- In coordination with other Tayar Team, manage and monitor the works of grants and subcontractors
- Ensure that Tayar meets the all deliverables and indicators under Objective 3
- Provide input to Task Order Manager and Tayar leadership for reporting and brief USAID on ongoing task order activities
- Communicate objective 3achievements to communications team for inclusion in the project’s overall communications strategy and project profile
- Other tasks assigned by Task Order Manager, Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party
- A Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Comprehensive project management experience in local and international spheres, including experience on USAID-funded projects, preferably in Private Sector Development and Public-Private Partnerships.
- Experience managing donor-funded emergency response initiatives related to natural disasters or pandemics, preferred.
- Well-developed analytical writing skills, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills
- Experience living and working in Nepal preferred
Location and Reporting:
The Private Sector Financing and Partnership Specialist will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal underthedirectsupervisionoftheTask Order Manager and in closecoordinationwiththeCOP, DCOP, Disaster Preparedness and Response Specialist, technical,cross-cutting, field and operations teams.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by August 14, 2020.
Women, persons with disabilities, and candidates from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.