Principal Software Engineer (Java)
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for self-driven, motivated and result oriented professional to be part of our dynamic team as “Principal Software Engineer (Java)”. Details of the same have been highlighted below;
- Perform software/application development and technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements.
- Participate in project discussion/analysis to assess business requirements, gather information and recommend optimal business solutions.
- Perform application development, technical product assistance on Design and Develop code as per requirement.
- Debug and Troubleshoot -Identify bugs, Identify performance related issues by testing software in functional and non-functional levels.
- Code Review –Maintaining the coding standard by timely code review.
- Timely monitor/review team member’s performance and guide/train where required. Also provide project status reports to the Project Manager and Stakeholders.
- Contribute to knowledge capital via project documentation, best practice solutions and consult with Project Manager for process/product improvements.
- Research and develop knowledge of IT industry, new products/models and platforms, its functionality and technical platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of work experience; along with strong interest in Software Development and Programming.
- Experience on Large Scale Enterprise Application would be an advantage.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with an innovative solution.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to carry on a business conversation at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new trends and technology in IT.
- Willingness to travel outside country as per need.
- Experience of DevOps culture will be an added advantage.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience of interacting with senior management both in a technical and functional role.
- Knowledge/Experience on share market will be an advantage.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ability to work on J2EE application development, Spring framework, Hibernate, JSF, JSP, HTML, CSS and other reporting tools.
- Prior experience on SOA and Micro-services architecture.
- Experience of JUnit or testing frameworks.
- Prior knowledge in GIT, JIRA, Red mine, Mantis, Basecamp and Agile/Scrum Project Management will be an advantage.
- System knowledge for any installations, configuration and system setups preferred.
- Knowledge/Experience of DevOps tools; CI/CD pipelines, continuous monitoring, logging and alerts.
- Experience of cloud services like Google Cloud, AWS, DO, Azure would be an advantage.
- Experience on Continuous testing tools such as Selenium, SonarQube will be advantage.
- Experience and understanding of software development cycle and implementation.
- Experience interacting with senior management both in a technical and functional role.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to email@example.com by 17th October, 2020.