Online Course developer: Comprehensive Sexuality Education
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Online Course developer: Comprehensive Sexuality Education
The Strategic Partnership Right Here, Right Now addresses the limited respect, protection and the hindered fulfillment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in 10 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and in 1 sub-region, the Caribbean.
The RHRN platform in Nepal consists of 15 civil society organizations, including a host organization, YUWA, which also holds a platform secretariat. The work of the organizations are focused on improving Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people in Nepal.
YUWA is a not for profit, youth run, and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.
Overview of the function of the post
YUWA is seeking an online course developer on the subject area of Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) to work collaboratively with staff to develop, deliver, and iteratively update the course using educational technology and multimedia production. The primary duties for the position include instructional design, course development, and technology implementation.
The International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education (ITGSE) claims that CSE plays a central role in the preparation of young people for a safe, productive, fulfilling life in a world where HIV and AIDS, STIs, GBVs, gender inequality and etc still pose a serious risk to their well being.
However, despite the clear and compelling evidence for the benefits of high-quality, curriculum-based CSE, few children and young people receive preparation for their lives that empowers them to take control and make informed decisions about their sexuality and relationships freely and responsibly. The national curriculum of Nepal also does not reflect the importance of CSE as only a few concepts are covered in the curriculum.
To fill up this gap in knowledge, Right Here Right Now Nepal wants to develop a online course on Comprehensive Sexuality Education through which young people and adults can better understand the concept of CSE as well as develop: accurate and age- appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills; positive values, including respect for human rights, gender equality and diversity, and, attitudes and skills that contribute to safe, healthy, positive relationships.
With this course we want the audience to understand that, CSE is important as it can help young people reflect on social norms, cultural values and traditional beliefs, in order to better understand and manage their relationships with peers, parents, teachers, other adults and their communities.
Who is the course for?
This course will be designed primarily for young people aged 15-29, but anyone above 15 can enroll for the course.
Overall course objective.
At the end of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Have an overall general knowledge about Comprehensive Sexuality Education, its need and importance.
- Have changed the attitudes, skills and values to make appropriate and healthy choices in their sexual lives.
- Develop, Design and Launch an online course on CSE
- Provide testing and facilitation mechanisms
- Develop a monitoring system to keep track of participant engagement and completion rates
Roles and responsibilities
- Review ITGSE thoroughly and ensure that the course is aligned with it.
- Submit first draft course map, including weekly topics, objectives and schedule for major course assignments
- Consider how to translate typical course activities to maximize affordances of online environment and maximize student interaction
- Determine overall strategies for content delivery, instructional activities, and assessment
- Identify appropriate technologies and pursue required technical training
- Develop a schedule for course development
- Complete detailed course map that identifies all components to each module: existing content, content to be produced, assignments, assessment activities
- Develop explanation of how the course “works,” communication expectations & guidelines, and ways to get help
- Identify revisions for second iteration
Essential and Relevant Experience:
- The team should have a university degree in social sciences/computers or IT or relevant discipline with 3-5 years of working experience in Comprehensive Sexuality Education and web development respectively. (20 points)
- Works from a Human Rights Based approach and Evidence Based Approach. (10 points)
- Has a progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically young people’s sexual rights and diversity. (10 points)
- Is youth-friendly and has non-discriminatory attitudes towards working with young people. (10 points)
- Strong writing skills with ability to present in a style that is accessible to readers. (10 points)
- Proficiency both in English and Nepali. (5 points)
- The IT team should be familiar with designing, developing e-learning platforms. (15 points)
- The IT team should be familiar with accessible plugins for people living with disabilities. (20 points)
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm 30th July 2020.
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and an updated Curriculum Vitae of the consultant
- Sample of one or two previous consultancy reports produced by the individual consultants/ firm
- Detailed draft consultancy plan consisting of:
- Description and roles of team members
- Work plan/time frame including methodology and deliverables
- Budget breakdown
Please clearly indicate the subject line of the email as An application for CSE Online Course Developer.
Qualified women candidates, people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process.