Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements, services and infrastructure.
- Build and manage reliable software in a service-oriented environment, have such software operate at high-performance, demonstrated scalability and high reliability
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting web application/content/search solutions
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Review work done by other developers to ensure adherence to the best practices
- Serve as a liaison between local and onsite team
- Mentor junior team members in proper software engineering methods and techniques, and develop programming guidelines to ensure these methods are accessible to other developers
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: At least 5 years of professional experience in web-based application development
Skills and Knowledge - What you should bring to the role:
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Leadership and ability to guide design and technical meetings
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders. Ability to elaborate and convert business requirements into technical requirements, create architecture and design documents for the stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cloud-based applications would be a strong plus point
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities and keeping a team focused on most important features
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications
- C# / ASP.NET / MVC technology, JSON, Web API, .Net Frameworks 4.5+ and .Net Core 3.1+
- Must have Angular 2+ knowledge and other Frontend technologies like React or Vue would be plus.
- SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB, DynamoDB, MSSQL and/or Postgres)
- Experience in cloud and server-less technology preferably AWS; AWS services like EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, AWS Batch, Athena, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tools and deep understand of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Multi-threaded programming experience in both procedural and functional paradigms.
APPLY HERE- https://smrtr.io/5twv2