National Peace Advisor
Detailed Job description / requirements:
TOR – Terms of Reference 2022
“National Peace Advisor, Local Professional for Mandala Theatre Nepal”
Mandala is a group of young, enthusiastic, dedicated and diverse theatre workers. After long training and individual involvement in this field, Mandala Theatre-Nepal was formed to work together. We want to develop a participatory and inclusive space open to various genres of literature and inalienably linked to theatre.The advancement of theatrical arts is our commitment; the production of innovative and creative works of art is our goal. We have devoted ourselves to exploring, popularizing and preserving the varieties of traditional and indigenous theatrical forms of our society, and we look ahead to work even more actively in the days ahead.
Our theatre is a strong voice for social justice, political awareness, and human rights. The driving spirit of Mandala is our people’s freedom and happiness.
As a group willing to work on social issues through the aesthetics of theatre art, peace-building has been organization’s one of the motto. Mandala has been exploring different methods, tools and approaches to work on peace-building and social transformation since its establishment which is further strengthened after its' partnership began with Civil Peace Service (GIZ-ZFD) in 2014. Mandala's Peace Building Team is a designated team to work with such cooperation projects in Mandala.
We are looking forward to hiring personnel who is strongly interested and capable to contribute to theatre projects relating with social transformation. We are seeking for an enthusiast who can design concepts for theatre projects, develop proposals to earn the projects, implement the projects with systemic approaches and settle the projects with relevant reports.
No. OF POSITION
INITIAL CONTRACT PERIOD
National Peace Advisor
Coordination of Mandala’s Peace Building Projects (fund-based projects)
The position will start from February 2022, and the contract will be for 11 months (until December 2022). Mandala might renew the contract after 11 months if satisfactory service is provided. Please hand in a Cover Letter, CV, names and contact details of two referees, and if applicable reference letters from previous relevant job experiences via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or as hard-copy at Mandala Theatre Nepal’s office in Lakhechaur Marga, Thapagaun. The application can be in English or Nepali.
Deadline for application is 2022 January 20. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview session in the last week of January. Please refrain from phone inquiries.
Women, people with disabilities and/or ethnic minorities will be favored and are especially encouraged to apply.
Please read below the detailed information about positions and do apply.
1. POSITION: National Peace Adviser
WORK TYPE: Coordination of Mandala’s Peace Building Projects funded by Civil Peace Service/GIZ
LOCATION:- Mandala Theatre – Nepal, Lakhechaur Marga, Thapagaun, Kathmandu, Nepal
DURATION:- Initial contract duration of eleven months (full time). Probation period is set for the initial three months. Potential to extend based on satisfactory performance.
Summary of Position
1. National Peace Advisor
The National Peace Advisor will work as a key member of Mandala's Peace Building Team and support Mandala Theatre-Nepal in its projects and productions focused on promoting conflict transformation, dialogue and/or social justice through theatre and arts. He/She will work closely with Mandala’s International Peace Building Advisor and Mandala's Board to support Mandala in developing and implementing relevant plans, concepts, and strategies, as well as to provide opportunities of professional development in the field.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Mandala's Peace-Building Team in developing and implementing strategies, plans and concepts in conflict transformation and dialogue through theatre
- Develop proposals and prepare reports together with Mandala Theatre-Nepal’s relevant sections and the International Peace Advisor
- Strengthen and connect with existing arts- and theatre-networks and –organizations in- and outside of Nepal
- Identify opportunities for grants and funding, develop proposals, approach, and follow up for funding and prepare project reports,
- Support the International Peace Advisorand Mandala Theatre-Nepal in conducting workshops and trainings based on different theatre-methods
Required Skill, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree
- Minimum of three year of work experience in relevant sector
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal communication in both English and Nepali
- In depth knowledge of office package in computer (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- In depth knowledge of theatre's role in social transformation
- Empathetic, reflective and flexible attitudes
- Ability and interest in writing concept note, proposal and reports
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding and analytical time management skill
- Willingness to learn, share and work in a group of diverse members.
- Willingness to work in different time set up (not sticked to work in regular office hours)
- Work experience in any art organization (theatre, music, film) will be added advantage.
REPORTING:- The personnel will directly report to the Board of Mandala Theatre-Nepal
Please go through the link for more details: