National Expert Consultant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: National Expert Consultant
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of providing high, quality assessments to USAID/Nepal Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) project, CAMRIS seeks a National Expert Consultant for a Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) assessment.
- Serve as the National expert consultant of the DRG assessment, providing technical support throughout the assessment process.
- Provide technical guidance and strategic support to the assessment team.
- Participate in a thorough desk review.
- Identify key stakeholders, institutions, and actors, and participate in a political economy analysis.
- Support the process of drafting and finalizing the assessment design, development of assessment work plan, data collection instruments, data analysis plan, data collection plan, development and presentation of preliminary findings, and drafting of assessment report.
- Participate in effective communication with the A/CORs, relevant USAID Nepal, CAMRIS, and government of Nepal staff as well as external stakeholders.
- Code and analyze qualitative data.
- Coordinate closely with CAMRIS Kathmandu.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of all work products.
- An advanced university degree, in political science, law, international affairs, international development, economics, orotherrelated field.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience related to political and democracy analysis.
- Extensive experience conducting evaluations and assessments particularly in the domain of democracy, rights, and governance.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the political development of the country.
- In depth experience in assessing political change, identifying barriers to democratization, and developing DRG strategies and programming options.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with diverse team members and staff across time zones.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management highly desirable, including experience creating and managing USAID M&E plans.
- Strong media background and succinct writing skills strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Nepali required
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by June 19, 2019 at the following link: