Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Officer
dZi works in partnership with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by fostering access to basic needs, nurturing sustainable livelihoods, and co-developing tools for self-determination and self-sufficiency. The outcome is equitable, thriving, resilient, and sustainable community for all in remote regions of Eastern Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
dZi works in partnership with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by eliminating barriers to basic needs, nurturing sustainable livelihoods, and co-developing tools for self-determination and self-sufficiency. The outcome is an equitable, thriving, resilient, and sustainable community for all in remote regions of Eastern Nepal. For more information, please visit www.dzi.org.
dZi is a growing organization that is planning to increase its reach and maximize its impact in eastern Nepal. To do so, we are seeking an experienced and result-oriented Nepali Professional for the following position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership & Management
- Work with Director of Impact and Innovation to develop and implement comprehensive baseline and end-line protocols using quantitative and qualitative tools, and collect periodic data and information as per funding requirements. Through this, gain and share an understanding of the impacts of our current and completed work and utilize this knowledge to inform program improvement, institutional learning, donor outreach, and strategic decisions.
- Work closely with the Program team in developing the MERL framework, detailed implementation plan, performance indicators, and targets embedded in the work plan.
- Work closely with Field-Based Program Staff to monitor program progress and achievements. Identify key issues, lessons learned, and best practices to document and publish.
- Lead and manage the MERL team. This includes developing work plans, performing staff evaluations, and ensuring their efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinate closely with partners and stakeholders for data planning, identification of data sources, and collection of data for monitoring purposes and result dissemination.
- Work closely with field staff, NGO partners, and community members to share results and best practices, and coach stakeholders regarding methods to improve project implementation and effectiveness.
- Monitoring and following up on progress on various proposals, meetings, reports, research papers, etc. with concerned authorities.
- Participate in meetings and represent dZi Foundation as required.
- Be willing to share and transfer MERL-related and other relevant skills and knowledge to dZi stakeholders and partners to foster growth culture and organizational growth within the organization and in partner communities.
- Foster dZi values and organizational culture of equity, empowerment, and opportunities for all with all stakeholders.
- Establish MERL framework with clear-cut goals, outcomes, outputs, inputs, processes, indicators, data needs, sources, and reporting formats and frequency, for effective monitoring, reporting, and updating progress.
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs.
- Preparing periodic progress reports covering all aspects of dZi Foundation’s activities which include event-based reports, and monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Assist in grant applications and reports as needed.
- Track program progress against indicators and ensure early identification of any areas requiring necessary action.
- Harmonize program monitoring indicators and systems with local and national development goals and meet donor compliance.
- Promote the use of data to inform decision-making and link evidence-based approaches to the achievement of results.
- Develop an effective information database on projects, providing resources and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
- Develop and disseminate programmatic and organizational materials in conjunction with Program and Communications team.
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Development Studies, Economics, Education, Public Administration, Sociology or a relevant field; training or certification in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research and Reporting a plus.
Prior Work Experience: Progressively professional experience of at least 2 years in monitoring and/or evaluation role within national and international development organizations preferred. Fast learners with less experience but a hunger to grow are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent data collection methodology skills.
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on mission, vision, and goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple project areas without a direct supervisor.
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong and empathetic interpersonal skills to work in harmony with diverse team members.
- Excellent English and Nepali oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high-level partners and local communities.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs, and data-related applications.
· Extensive hours sitting in front of a computer/ laptop
· Trekking/Walking in remote areas of Nepal.
· Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through this google form https://forms.gle/LS3iPAkB2yde7f887
· Please email email@example.com if you have issues with the form with the title "Application for MERL Officer".
· Applications will be received until July 15, 2022, at 5 p.m.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process.
· Telephone inquiries will not be entertained
· Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and as per policy.
· dZi Foundation Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without
· assigning any reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity
dZi Foundation Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people from marginalized groups, and bilingual and bicultural individuals. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of caste, religion, sex, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or medical condition.
|Category||Development / INGO|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||B. A. (Bachelors in Art), B. Ed. (Education), B.Devs. (Bachelors in Devlopment Studies), B.A. in Sociology|
|Posted Date||01 Jul, 2022|
|Apply Before||15 Jul, 2022|