Monitoring & Evaluation/ (Knowledge Management & Documentation) Advisor
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal Vacancy Announcement
Ipas works globally with a vision that all women and girls has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girls should have to risk their life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices.
Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates sustainable abortion ecosystem into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender-based violence prevention and response. Ipas Nepal is implementing partner for UNFPA Nepal funded Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response (GBV PR) project in Nepal, Phase II. For this project we are seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation/ (Knowledge Management & Documentation) Advisor
Number of positions required: 1 (one)
Type: Fixed Term contract till December 2022 with a possibility of extension
Location: Kathmandu (with frequent visits to project sites)
Monitoring and Evaluation (KM & Documentation) Advisor provides overall technical support for monitoring and evaluation across the full range of consortium and implementing partners of GBVPR project. S/he provides guidance and technical assistance to consortium and implementing partners. This position is responsible for building capacity on GBVPR M&E system to in-country staff and consortium partners. This position also supports in-country data collection processes, data collection tools, data management, data analysis, technical writing for dissemination both internally and externally and analyzes data for donor reporting and other internal data requests. S/he is responsible to ensure the quality of data including the data quality audit. The position reports to Senior Advisor GBV PR.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position
- Coordinate with implementing partners and other stakeholders to orient on the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- Provide technical guidance to consortium partner’s program officer and consultants on project related tasks or special assignments and help them on capacity building.
- Monitor indicators to identify any gaps in participation and beneficiaries of projects and activities.
- Conducts regular monitoring visit, joint visit with program team or evaluation team in program districts.
- Coordinates with GBV PR II project team members about support tasks and interacts with all consortium partners regarding Monitoring and Evaluation data issues.
- Conduct the data quality audit of the project including partners and update on a quarterly basis.
- Reports to GBVPR team lead in reference to internal processes, overall program implementation, and R&E related issues.
- Record and track project progress and communicate with program managers and team
- Work with implementing partners to develop actions plans that address the report recommendations.
- Prepare dissemination materials including, presentations, fact sheets, peer-reviewed publications, and presents results both at external meetings and within Ipas.
- Strengthen information management system at all levels.
- Provide support to collect and analyse multiple data and produce knowledge products based on this information.
- Support the project team to prepare the donor reports and other documentation as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher preferred, in public health, population studies, statistics or health informatics.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in or more of experience on monitoring and evaluation, research on health project.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and development of data collection instruments.
- Knowledge of best practice research, monitoring and evaluation processes and protocols.
- Able to independently conduct studies and analyse relevant data.
- Knowledge of high-level computer software packages for data analyses as well as data interpretation and presentations.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software required.
- Experience with statistical analysis computer packages (STATA, SPSS or SAS).
- Experience with geographic mapping software and qualitative analysis software (NVivo, ATLAS.ti or others).
- Knowledge on logical and result framework, data management and program analytics.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits 30% to the project areas.
Preference will be given to candidate with excellent understanding of the social norms, values, attitudes and behaviors of women, social groups, and GBV response.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the position advertised, interested and eligible candidates are requested to visit link given below and submit online application along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Application Submission Deadline: 28 June 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.
Commitment to diversity and social inclusion
Ipas Nepal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we want to achieve this by aligning diversity and inclusion through affirmative actions in our recruitment and selection process. To initiate this positive action, we have a provision for affirmative actions for socially excluded and marginalized groups. To make an inclusive workforce that includes the marginalized, disadvantaged and socially excluded population and women. To bring people from various social backgrounds, gender, caste/ethnicity, cultures, religions, and races. To bring gender balance and social inclusion in the workforce composition.