Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Manager
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organization. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of children and families in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems. TPO Nepal is a knowledge-driven, innovative organization working in areas disrupted by violence and poverty. We strive to develop local psychosocial, mental health and conflict resolution capacity and systems that promote community resilience, quality of life and self-reliance through education, research, service delivery and advocacy.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Research is one of the key thematic areas of TPO Nepal. TPO Nepal has been implementing a number of research projects in collaboration with renowned universities across the globe. Conducting scientific studies and generating evidence require a strong research leadership to- design and implement research project; process and analyze data; publish and disseminate results; contribute to policy reforms and practice and groom early- and mid-career researchers. Similarly, monitoring and evaluation of data is crucial in organizational development and should work closely with research department. TPO Nepal is thus seeking competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Manager based in Kathmandu. The selected candidate will possibly have opportunities to work closely in global research initiatives with leading researchers, publishing scientific articles and opportunities for further capacity building activities.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Manager
Duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
Number of opening: One
Starting date: 1 November, 2022
- Technically support and supervise the research projects being implemented by TPO Nepal.
- Lead technically on monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management of the project at TPO Nepal.
- Lead the application for various research grants in collaboration with various universities and partners.
- Ensure the quality of research projects and activities which are currently under implementation.
- Provide supportive supervision and insights to research fellows, subordinates and overall research and M&E team in conducting quality research and evaluation.
- Develop multi-year priorities, strategy and action plan for overall development of research portfolio within the organization.
- Build the capacities of early and mid-career researchers within the organization.
- Work closely with other managers, head of departments and Executive Director to produce high-quality and ad-hoc reports, policy brief and presentation. Prepare draft and final manuscripts for peer review and publication.
- Work in the research projects as designated by the organization.
- Provide periodic updates and reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee and manage each research including study design, data management and analysis, using appropriate software.
- Based on the evidence of scientific study, support the program team for strategic planning and development of annual implementation plan, development of knowledge management products.
- Represent TPO Nepal at various national and international forums as required.
- Take a lead in developing, implementing and maintaining results framework and TPO Nepal monitoring systems to collect and analyze program data for evidence-based decision making.
- Coordinate with donor agencies, internal and external development partners, and government counterpart for MER related activities.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of at least master’s degree in related field (Psychology/Mental health, Public Health, Anthropology, Research, Statistics or related fields). Minimum of 5 years of experience in research management and M & E.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali languages.
- Experience in mixed, qualitative, and quantitative research including trials.
- Prior experience in using qualitative and quantitative data analysis software – (SPSS, Nvivo, STATA etc.) are preferred.
- Ability to work with team in harmony and willingness to support and supervise research and M&E staff members in the immediate hierarchy.
- Extensive experience working as a part of international research teams and across cultures. Preference will be given to candidates with experience on mental health research.
- Preference will be given to candidates with numerous academic publications and/or conference presentations.
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 20 October, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be informed for further process. Any activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification.
TPO Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. TPO Nepal does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.