Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service, provider. It has leading expertise in Nepal in Third Party Monitoring, capacity building of Local Governments in infrastructure service delivery, and a deep commitment to inclusive social and governance initiatives at different spheres of governance in Nepal. SWN is a choice of international development partners and the Government of Nepal for delivery of quality outputs in design and management of projects and programmes; green infrastructure development; social protection based programmes; field-based research works on social and governance issues including gender-related areas; and monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes. It has a strong in-house management capability for undertaking the above assignments. We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Financial Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, e.g. results-based management (RBM) frameworks, that are innovative and that align with the project’s theory of change and logical frameworks.
- Win projects for the organization. The MEL Coordinator will have a pivotal role in designing and reviewing proposals, nurturing client/consultant relationships, exploring new market opportunities and negotiating budgets and services.
- Direct the overall delivery of projects, including the design of research methodologies, research instruments, data collection and analysis plans and risk-mitigating measures. Ensure that the project design is innovative, cost-effective and practical.
- Lead the MEL unit and its day-to-day operations. This responsibility includes project management, contract management, procurement of services, business development, delegation of roles and responsibilities within the team, client communication and managing multiple projects among many others.
- Coordinate with diverse stakeholders, e.g. clients, consultants, government/non-government officials, etc. on a regular basis to ensure the effective completion of assignments.
- Coordinate work plan activities to align with project milestones and to ensure effective operations throughout the planning and delivery process.
- Establish strong networks with new and existing clients, donors, consultants and stakeholders.
- Carry out structured market analyses to forecast future project opportunities, identify ongoing opportunities and evaluate competitions.
- Prepare high-quality final reports that align and exceed client expectations.
Advanced university degree, i.e. Master's, in economics, international development, monitoring and evaluation, political science or other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the design, development and/or implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems in development projects which are implemented by I/NGOs, IGOs, or government institutions for Nepal’s development sector.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, statistics, data collection instruments and analytical approaches.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in preparing and implementing theory of change (ToC) and logical frameworks.
- Experience leading complex development projects, including managing multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds and ideas.
- Experience in developing and delivering monitoring and evaluation related capacity building initiatives.
- Excellent ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in a rapidly-changing work environment.
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of Nepal’s development sector.
- Professional technical knowledge and expertise in evaluation process management, evaluation design, data analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrates high levels of moral integrity, enthusiasm and commitment to the growth of the organization.
- Proactive and detail-oriented individual with the dedication to identifying solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages.
- Proficient in utilizing statistical packages, e.g. Microsoft Excel, STATA, R, for data analysis.
- Strong training, capacity building and facilitation expertise.
- Ability and willingness for field travel.
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
To Apply :
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-oriented and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 30th June 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, KathmanduAbout the Organisation:
Scott Wilson Nepal is an engineering and development consulting firm, leading Nepal’s development and infrastructure landscape since 2000. We work with a wide range of clients, including the Government of Nepal and international governments, I/NGOs, intergovernmental organizations, private corporations and bilateral and multilateral donors to solve complex development challenges.
We are trusted professionals – engineers, consultants, designers and program managers, delivering expert services spanning across infrastructure, climate and renewable energy, education, food security and agriculture, urban and rural development, governance, gender equality and inclusion, WASH and disaster management. For over two decades, our clients have depended on us to provide the engineering advice, evidence-backed solutions and independent analysis they have needed to overcome their most pressing obstacles.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
|Category||Consulting & Professional Services, Social Science, Development and Project, Research, Development / NGO, Development / INGO|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Senior Level, Mid Level|
|Education||Please check details below., Master's preferred|
|Posted Date||15 Jun, 2022|
|Apply Before||30 Jun, 2022|