Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) combats poverty and exclusion by strengthening the development capacity of disadvantaged communities, supporting initiatives for peace, human rights and equity, mobilizing resources and promoting the exchange of know-how.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Description for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
Duration: Initial for 7 months and extension is possible based on satisfactory performance
Location: Project regional office, Dhangadi with frequent field visit to project districts
Thematic Reporting: MEL Specialist based in Kathmandu
Operational Reporting: Area Coordinator of the SUSASAN Project in the province
The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) is an international non-governmental organization which works in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CECI has been working in Nepal more than 30 years. CECI’s mission is to combat poverty and exclusion. To this end, it builds the developmental capacities of local disadvantaged communities, supports peace, human rights and equity initiatives, mobilizes resources and fosters the exchange of knowledge.
CECI has been implementing Canadian Government (Global Affairs Canada-GAC) funded program "SUSASAN – Sustainable Use of Technology for Public Sector Accountability in Nepal" with the ultimate outcome to increase the empowerment of women and men, girls and boys, and marginalized groups, to engage and participate in democratic processes equitably and inclusively, to enjoy and exercise their human rights through increasing access and use of integrated technologies in governance. This Project covers six districts (Kavrepalanchowk, Lalitpur, Bajhang, Accham, Dadeldhura and Kailali).
The MEL Assistant will work in close coordination and supervision of MEL Specialist, SUSASAN Projectthematic specialists (GESI and Governance), area coordinators, national and district Project partners, Project team members and local stakeholders. They will support to develop and implement decentralized, systematic and effective monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management and learning systems in the project.
3. Job summary
The MEL Assistant will be responsible to bring innovative ideas and approaches and implement monitoring, evaluation and learning plan for capacity building of partners, and have strong analytical skill to interpret, capture and documentation of evidence and learning. They will be guided by the scope and objectives of the Project/s, and play an integral role as part of a Projectteam in implementing, monitoring, collecting evidence, documentation and learning in the Project.
The MEL Assistant will assistwith MEL Specialist and Project team for the monitoring of compliance of standard measures that developed to ensure the quality of activities and to achieve the expected results of theProject. Based on the periodic MEL result of the field, they will provide feedback to partners and management team for further improvement and dissemination of learning and best practices. The MELAssistant will also be responsible to support in knowledge management, documentation of results and learning and report to the MEL Specialist and Area Coordinator in regular basis.
4. Job responsibilities
- Support to review and update MEL framework of the Project.
- Support to document and ensure the project progress against indicators target in line with the MEL framework and the Projectmeasurement framework.
- Support to partners for the implementation of online reporting system and on-going monitoring, and learning processes in a Project.
- Support in all monitoring, evaluation and research activities to ensure those are conducted in line with agreed ethical principles.
- Assist in Action research, Assessments, and evaluations conducted by the Project.
- Assist in the development of strategies to identify, reflect and disseminate learnings internally and externally.
- Generate data reports (tables/graphs/reports) from the Project database at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available. Assist to facilitate data analysis with Project implementation team as requested.
- Support to partners to develop periodic reports, monitoring, documentation of best practice and writing stories of change
- Support to design and run M&E training and capacity building workshops as required to strengthen potential skill gaps among Project partners
- Support to the partners in annual survey using mobile for data collection.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the different Project locations using quality standards and check list; develop monitoring reports and share with supervisors and partners.
- Update indicator tracking tool of the Projecton a periodic basis and submit compiled data to MEL Specialist and Area coordinator.
- Identify, review and follow up beneficiaries'stories of changes for documentation.
- Support to maintain accountability in Projectspecifically towards Project partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
5. Duty station: Regional office Dhangadi with frequent visits to Project working districts.
6. Qualification, skills and experience:
- At least Bachelor degree in Social Science, Statistics or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management/learning, reporting.
- Facilitation skills and experience on MEL related capacity building.
- Advanced computer skill and experience in developing data management systems (advanced Excel skills and Statistical Analysis on SPSS/STATA is desired).
- Prior experiences on Stories of Change writing and monitoring system implementation
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies required.
- Experience in Mobile base data collection preferred
- Good team player, who takes initiative, is a problem-solver and ability to manage multi-task and responsibly sharing.
- Effective verbal and written communication skill.
- Written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English.
- Interested to travel frequently in remote areas and ability to adjust with diversity.
- Knowledge on GESI monitoring, governance, accountability and technology will be an advantage.
7. Salary: The annual gross salary NPR. 800,000.
Interested candidates should apply electronically with their full bio-data by the 31st of August, 2019 at the following address.
Email address to send the application: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the interview.
- No telephone inquiries will be entertained with respect to this announcement.
Women candidates and candidates from disadvantaged groups and members of LGBTIQ community are encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Level||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||19 Aug, 2019|
|Apply Before||31 Aug, 2019|