Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project. This anticipated project is a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives; it assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. MSI anticipates the follow-on to continue providing these services, resulting in strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This will likely be a 5-year project scheduled to begin after April 2020.
MSI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst with experience in international development projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and/or research, preferably with USAID projects. The position will require coordinating monitoring and evaluation work across Nepal from an MSI office in Kathmandu.
- Support performance monitoring efforts of USAID and its implementing partners, including by reviewing monitoring plans and recommending improvements.
- Design data collection instruments for qualitative and quantitative data and oversee data collection.
- Analyze data and prepare reports, charts and graphs.
- Serve on evaluation teams, including conducting interviews and focus groups in areas across Nepal.
- Analyze data and write portions of evaluation reports in English.
- Coordinate the work of survey providers. Design survey instruments, train enumerators and perform quality control on data that is collected.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects.
- Experience designing qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts, and analyzing and reporting data.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com