(Micro enterprise) Business development officer
With an aim of empowering women and initiate community development in Humla district, Women Welfare Service (WWS) was established in 1993. The extreme poverty, vulnerable condition of women, poor access to justice for women, lack of awareness on women rights and painful socio economic situation of women in general forced few local active women to form this institution.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Women Welfare Service (WWS), Simikot, Humla is non-governmental organization registered in DistrictAdministration Office in 1993 under Institution Registration Act. It was affiliated to Social WelfareCouncil, Nepal in 1994 (affiliation no. 1739) as perquisite for receiving grants from international donors.It is also affiliated to NGO Federations (including Democratic NGO Federation), Humla.
The institution is founded with the aim of working in extreme poverty and deprivation of women inHumla district. The poor access to justice for women, lack of awareness on women’s right and painfulsocioeconomic condition of the women in general compelled to organize women to establish theorganization.
WWS is seeking for "RUPANTARAN- Women empowerment throw economic transformation of the must marginalized women of the Humla, Nepal(NEP-LKM-005)" project capable, intelligent, energetic, qualified, Knowledgeable and experienced candidate for the post of Micro Enterprise Business development officer.The criteria is given below:
Position Title:(Micro enterprise) Business development officer
Length of contract: 5.5 months
Gross Salary: As per rule of organization
Responsible to: Project Coordinator
Facilitate to prepare business plan of women group, ensure the market for the local agri-based products leading to establish agri-marketing cooperative at the RM headquarter and facilitate farmers practice value chain system. Further he/she develop training modules and facilitate trainings agriculture groups, and supervise the field activity. the position also demands to maintain coordination with in consortium member and multi stakeholder including the governmental, women group and civil society, financial institutions etc.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of project activities related to agri-marketing cooperative, value chain, farmer school, trainings, etc. in support of project coordinator
- Support for develop and operate Enterprise/Micro Enterprises to farmers groups and members of cooperative through technicall backstopping and capacity building, and coach and thematically support the women group related project and other.
- Contribute to develop of new projects, proposals and relevant strategic/planning documents, linked to research and need assessments on small enterprise/business development.
- Conduct necessary financial/economic analysis and research to identify useful enterprise development interventions in the working area.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the project and ensure quality results regarding effectiveness of market linkage and value chain system and functionality of Agri-marketing cooperative
- Prepare monthly, Quarterly project progress report.
- Ensure the compliances with donor and government rules during project implementation
- Collect and analyse lesson learned and case studies out of the project for broader sharing
- Coordination of with relevant government and non-government financial agencies in project at district and national level for creating enable environment to get financial support to farmer's groups and cooperative.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business/enterprise development or related subject with 4 years of experience or Master’s Degree with 2 years of experience.
- Experiences in planning, implementation and monitoring of Enterprise/Micro Enterprise/ Business development components
- Knowledge and experiences on micro finance programme
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of analysis and research to identify useful enterprise development and aware with the issues and problems of Nepalese women and their , livelihood options.
- Knowledge of planning, implementation and monitoring of Enterprise/Micro Enterprises and establishment of agri-marketing cooperative Good training, facilitation and networking skill.
- Good oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and Nepali.
- Proficient in computer applications, good report writing skill in English.
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should submit applications to WWS Head office, Simikot Humla Nepal or over email to firstname.lastname@example.org , NOT LATER THAN 25th October 2019. Please submit a written application with your CV and document.
No Telephone inquiries. Any activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidate will be informed for written exam and interview.
Please get more information from www.wws.org.np website for further details.
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||16 Oct, 2019|
|Apply Before||25 Oct, 2019|