Media and Communication Officer(Part-Time)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Advocacy Forum-Nepal (AF), a non-profit and non-governmental human rights organisation, is looking for dynamic and result-oriented Nepali citizens for the following post:
1. Media and Communication Officer (Part-Time)
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Program Manager, Media and Communication Officer contributes to lead and develop media engagement strategies and policies to increase visibility of AF’s activities.
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Head Office
- Master's degree in Media Studies, Journalism and Communications,
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience at the national or international in media and communications and advocacy work,
- Proficient knowledge and analytical skills on the current human rights and political context and emerging human rights and rule of law issues at local, Provincial and Federal level,
- Aptitude in translating and editing documents (English to Nepali and vice versa),
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and design tools; good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems,
- Excellent writing skills, preferably with experience in writing feature articles, creative in both written and visual medium,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Have strong established network and/or linkages with media,
- Excellent command of English and Nepali in both speaking and writing.
- Lead AF’s media and communications strategy and action plan,
- Manage and direct publicity arrangements that promote/support its programmes and activities,
- Develop media communication products and press materials for awareness-raising, including drafting of media/press briefings and releases, distribution to the target groups,
- Effectively liaise/network with a group of core media personnel and journalists,
- Maintenance of close contacts with national and international media, government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and authorities concerned,
- Regular updates in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites,
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including online advocacy, writing editorial, outreach efforts, promotions, etc,
- Other tasks assigned by AF.
The Social Media and Communication Officer acts as a centre of expertise on social media at AF, providing training, advice and guidance to colleagues across the office.
Remuneration: Negotiable (based on relevant experience and qualification of the candidate).
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV along with a cover letter to: email@example.com or provide the necessary credentials to the following address by 10 July 2022.
Human Resource Department
Laminting Marga, Baluwatar
P.O. Box: 21798
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for the further selection process.
AF is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, persons with disability, and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.