People in Need is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world, while at the same time working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. In the Czech Republic PIN also works on social integration and provides educational activities. Formed by the leaders of the Czechoslovak velvet revolution and conflict journalists in 1992, PIN works as an independent humanitarian organisation at home and abroad providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society at home and abroad.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
Location: Kathmandu, with regular visits to areas of presence
Duration: 1-year starting as soon as possible
Reports to: Head of Programmes
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of vulnerable populations affected by disaster including person categories who live in geographically remote areas of the country, historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity. PIN has also supported Nepal's post-earthquake reconstruction efforts ensuring that the most vulnerable people are not left behind with resilience (focused on shelter and resettlement) and education programming. PIN-Nepal is strongly committed for safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, including persons with disabilities, in line with its safeguarding framework and child protection policy.
Scope of work
The role of the MEAL Manager is to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and to ensure harmonised monitoring and evaluation practices across the Country Programme. The position holder will support the design and continuation of standardized MEAL processes and tools in coordination with both PIN-Nepal staff and relevant partners. This will involve: developing and supporting programme and partner teams to use MEAL systems to collect, aggregate and analyse data in addition to playing a key role in ensuring the compliance and reporting needs of key stakeholders are met in full. The MEAL Manager will have full oversight of all MEAL related projects activities and take a hands-on role in delivering the FCDO-funded Leave No Girl Behind Inclusive Education project.
- Adhere to PIN-Nepal’s policies, guidance, and procedures; with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm policies; immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Lead the development of MEAL systems, including guidelines, procedures, and tools;
- Advise management on MEAL solutions/options in the design of staffing, resourcing and budgeting, and priorities for the programme and partner staff;
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logframe development;
- Support programme and partner staff in planning for and executing MEAL activities, including data collection methodologies/tools, data management, analysis and use;
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of assessments and evaluations in addition to monitoring data in programme development, adjustment, and review;
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reporting;
- Ensure capacity building and training of programme, support and partner staff on MEAL conceptual and technical areas;
- Ensure effective communication and knowledge/information sharing between project and partner members;
- Contribute to external coordination and relations including high-level donor communication and engagement.
- Ensure that MEAL frameworks and implementation plans are finalised working with relevant programme, support and partner members to ensure the timely roll-out and delivery of planned MEAL activities;
- Design and develop methodologies and tools related to monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of lessons learned, and accountability and reporting ensuring that they are age/gender sensitive;
- Provide on-going analysis and concrete recommendations to improve quality and efficacy of projects in terms of procedures, advocacy, and accountability to beneficiaries;
- Identify the needed analytics for monitoring programme efficiency and other reporting purposes;
- Coordinate closely with Project Managers and partners on the needed information management, analysis, data collection tools, and any other relevant MEAL-related area of concern;
- Contribute to data analysis, provide feedback, and closely coordinate with programme and partner members;
- Regularly review the relevance of MEAL tools, indicators, and planning; ensuring that the indicator tracking tables are updated;
- Actively contribute to the consolidated analysis of needs assessments and outcome/impact-level monitoring and evaluations;
- Liaise and coordinate with the External Evaluator to manage all aspects of their engagement with the project/s and evaluate their performance completion of various aspects of the project.
- Conduct regular field visits in coordination with programme and partner staff to ensure technical and operational compliance with MEAL systems and methodologies;
- Monitor reporting deadlines and support relevant programme and partner staff with the preparation of donor reports to ensure compliance with key programmatic objectives and indicators;
- Supports evaluations by contribution in preparation of ToRs, recruitment of consultants, coordination of field work, review of inception report and evaluation report;
- Lead the implementation of lessons learned practices including workshops during key phases of project implementation;
- Maintains PIN’s library of lessons learned in the country programme; supports Program Managers to prepare Evaluation briefs and ensures that they are added to global Library of Evaluations;
- Promote the principles and practices of beneficiary accountability to programme, support and partner staff, providing advise and mentoring in beneficiary feedback practices, as required.
- Results orientation;
- Strategic thinking;
- Initiating action and change;
- Team-work, interpersonal skills;
- Communicating with impact and respect;
- Analytical skills, sound judgement;
- Flexible, proactive approach;
- Gender and cultural sensitivity;
- Handling sensitive data.
- Educated to Bachelor degree level or above preferably in a related field;
- Minimum of 5-years relevant MEAL experience in a professional environment, preferably in a humanitarian/development setting;
- Minimum of 3-years experience and progressive responsibility coordinating and managing donor level initiatives including direct engagement and reporting;
- Minimum of 3-years experience in direct line management of MEAL support teams;
- Strong communication and influencing skills using evidence-based methods;
- Technical expertise in evidence-based monitoring and evaluation approaches and practices both for accountability and learning processes;
- Excellent understanding of data and information phases/needs for programme management and decision-making;
- Demonstrable experience participating in MEAL assessments and surveys including leading field enumerators;
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods, including guidance/tool/SOP development, and facilitating community-level and key stakeholder KIIs & FGDs.
- Experience with KoBo Toolbox or other ODK software is desirable. Experience of statistical and data management software (STATA, SPSS) is an advantage;
Fluent in both English and Nepali.
To apply, please submit an updated CV and Cover Letter to the following APPLY FOR THIS JOB by Jan-22, 2021. Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis and should a suitable candidate be found before the official closing date, the advertisement might be withdrawn prior to the deadline thus early submissions are strongly encouraged. No phone calls will be entertained.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||07 Jan, 2021|
|Apply Before||22 Jan, 2021|