Manager - MEAL, Head Office
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development NGO in general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international developmental and humanitarian organization that responds to the call of the most neglected and vulnerable beyond the barriers of race, nationality, religion, ideology and geographical distance. We work in 35 countries around the world through around 200 community development projects with a focus on empowering people through social development activities and place particular emphasis on economic development in order to break the vicious cycle of poverty that people in developing countries suffer from. Established in 1991 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, GNI has fundraising offices in the USA, Canada, South Korea, Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva, Switzerland.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal is an international non-governmental organization working in Nepal since 2002 with the objective of improving the lives of people, especially children through education, income generating activities, health services, WASH, advocacy, network building and disaster risk reduction. GNI Nepal has been implementing its activities in 19 districts. GNI Nepal invites application for following position:
Manager - MEAL, Head Office (one)
(Fixed-term contract for one year)
- Facilitate to design, develop and update result based MEAL system, guidelines, manuals, and reference related to MEAL along with development of M&E framework and Plan of projects
- Develop and design data collection system, tools and techniques
- Provide technical guidance to Program Departments, District/Project Offices and Implementing Partners and liaise with them on implementing MEAL framework/plan and to collect, analyze data and to determine progress achieved
- Support to conduct internal/external assessment (baseline, mid-term and final evaluation) and ensure quality methodology and analysis as well as timely delivery.
- Conduct monitoring missions in projects and share the monitoring findings to concerned departments and partners
- Conduct capacity development programs of MEAL related topic (trainings, workshops and seminars etc.) both virtually and face to face
- Oversee the designing and implementing internal/external assessment and survey in projects
- Ensure the high-quality and timely submission of progress data/report from projects, district and partners
- Develop, operate and maintain knowledge management information system that can demonstrate projects' progress and impacts
- Ensure accountability in projects through assuring of proper implication of GNI Nepal's policies, guideline and manuals.
- Ensure proper documentation of administrative, financial and human resource related task in compliance with GNI policy, guideline and manuals.
- Maintain healthy coordination and communication among GNI members, staffs, partners, and stakeholders
- Master's degree in social science (sociology, anthropology, development studies or other related field) with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) related tasks.
- Expertise on result based management, research techniques, different approaches of data collection, analysis and reporting
- Experience on designing and conducting research or survey related to development issues
- Good interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of English language along with writing and communication skills
Detailed TOR for an announced position can be downloaded at
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to send the most recent CV along with the duly filled EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (which can be downloaded at http://gninepal.org/work-with-us/career/) to email@example.com
Deadline: 24 February 2021
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for further recruitment process. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Female and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply for this position
Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification.