Manager – Administration & Finance
ANSAB is a civil society organization that has been conserving biodiversity and improving livelihoods across South Asia for twenty-five years. It places community empowerment and economic incentives at the heart of its approach, and generates knowledge and results through applied research and studies to implement innovative solutions, such as the creation of enterprises based on the sustainable use of natural resources, establishment of payment for environmental services, and advancement of ecosystem based commercial agriculture. It has a focal position in the field through its work in ecological, technological, economic and socio-cultural fronts associated to people-centered conservation, management and use of biodiversity, especially non-timber forest products (NTFPs), high value agricultural commodities, biomass based energy and ecosystem services. ANSAB has been continuously evolving, consolidating, institutionalizing and advancing the approaches and strategies for the promotion of community-based enterprises and value chains, natural resource management and biodiversity conservation, enabling policy environment and multi-stakeholders collaboration.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Vacancy Announcement: Manager-Administration and Finance
ANSAB is currently seeking qualified, dynamic and result oriented person for the following position:
Position: Manager – Administration & Finance
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Required Number: 1
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters in relevant subject with 5 years of experience in similar role. Preference will be given to candidates having professional accountancy courses like CA, ACCA.
- Practical knowledge and skill on accounting software and MS office.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise and maintain all works relating to financial, accounting and administration records and guiding subordinates located at central, field stations;
- Prepare annual operation plans and budgets for projects and organization as a whole;
- Enforce necessary internal control on financial and administrative operations and to ensure safeguard of assets;
- Collect information on financial requirements of the organization and to develop budget and exercise budgetary control on expenditure;
- Prepare periodical and annual financial statements and information for donors; management and Board;
- Review and reimburse payment and process for payment, review bank reconciliation;
- Responsible for annual financial statements audit of individual projects and organization as a whole;
- Prepare grants, contracts and agreements, and keep signed copies safely and confidently;
- Prepare contracts for staff, consultants according to the ANSAB financial policy;
- Oversee all the statutory functions and maintain relationship with government and donor agencies;
- Work as ANSAB’s admin, finance and accounts focal person for donors and partners.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending an application with the position applied at the subject line: email@example.com with a recent CV, an expected salary, and the names and contact details of 2 referees. Review of the application will begin on November 25, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and the qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to caste, race, colour or religion.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for further process and no telephone enquiries will be entertained.