Linux / Database Admin
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for a NOSQL Administrator/DBA to design, implement, support, administrator and maintain NoSQL Databases in AWS Cloud. drive autonomy. Self-service tooling is core to our mission.
As an NOSQL Administrator/DBA, you will:
- Perform all aspects of any NoSQL database cluster administration including planning, installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the architecture of systems to provide a highly scalable, highly available server structure which provides web services for customers.
- Work closely with application development teams and systems administration to test, troubleshoot, and optimize new and existing database-driven applications.
- Monitor production, test, and development database environments and actively pursue any issues limiting the performance and scalability of these systems.
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone, be on-call and occasionally work odd hours to help meet customer service level agreements.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Knowledge of Linux Administration, Linux command line interface, Windows Administration, and IIS Management. Deep understanding of IIS concepts and settings.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – EC2, S3, CloudFormation. etc.
- Basic familiarity in: Bash, PowerShell, XML, Web concepts such as REST APIs and SPA, HTTP Get and Post
- Knowledge of Development tools and methodologies, such as XML config files, Rest API calls, HTTP Headers and Response Codes
- Some experience with NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Solr, Redis, MongoDB, etc. as well as Postgres or MS SQL Server is a plus.
- Must have passion for technology, be eager to learn and focused on automation.
APPLY HERE - https://smrtr.io/5Xb7R