Terre des hommes Foundation(Tdh) is a Child protection focused Swiss INGO that has been active in Nepal for 34years. Tdh Nepal delegation is seeking a qualified and dynamic Nepali National to work in WASH in community and institution project for the following position:
Water Sanitation and Hygiene Manager
Reporting to: Health and WASH Programme Coordinator
Work Station: Kathmandu (or flexible to be based in Bardiya/ Project Location )
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
- Overall management, development and supervision of Tdh Nepal’s Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme including project design and fundraising – in line with Tdh policies, strategies and plans, thematic indicators
- Support project partners in delivering WASH activities in timely and efficient manner
Specific roles and responsibilities:
1. Strategic Management
- Steer strategically the WASH programmes in coordination with the Health & WASH Programme Coordinator (HWPC) and Country Representative (CR)
- Contribute to design and implement the strategic directions of the programmes/projects
- Participate in developing and updating institutional strategies
- Ensure sound and relevant needs assessments, project concepts, approaches, proposals etc. in line with Tdh’s Project Cycle Management (PCM) manual and donor requirements
2. Project Management
- Lead to design and manage projects under his/her thematic responsibility including establishing budget, implementation with a clear plan, project reporting, project steering and quality assurance, partners management
- Develop quarterly action plans in coordination with partners to ensure the Tdh Nepal WASH projects are meeting their objectives
- Carry out regular partner meetings and field monitoring of project activities and outcomes
- Contribute to institutionalization Child Protection Minimum Standards (CPMS) and lead to mainstream CPMS in Tdh WASH projects
- Monthly analysis of budget vs. actuals, adjustments in programme spending and allocations
3. Programme Coordination
- Establish, liaise and maintain a network of contacts in both the UN Agencies, Bilateral &Multilateral donors, foundations, I/NGO and relevant entities of Government of Nepal in the area of WASH in Nepal to ensure Tdh visibility and best practice is being achieved
- Coordinate with Finance & Admin team, HR, M&E, Capacity Strengthening, Communication, External Relations and other thematic staff to achieve the overall result of programmes
- Explore and identify potential funding partners for the WASH projects
- Proactively work in preparing or adjusting proposals based on donors’ formats and requirements
- Frequently contributes public communication material and information in line with the delegations’ practice and requests, especially during each field visit.
- Lead advocacy activities and strategies relating to his/her sector in coordination with the HWPC, thematic advisor, headquarters and other partners
- Represent Tdh before other organizations including international organisations, participate in external meetings, and participate in WASH forums, networks.
- Coordinate for partnership with the government agencies, INGOs, NGOs for joint advocacy
- In emergencies, coordinate with all the agencies in his/her field of activity represented in the country as part of the inter-agency processes of evaluation, planning and coordination of responses including integrating Child Protection Minimum Standards (CPMS) in emergency response actions
- Carry out assessment and research of programming/ project's as needed in the delegation
- Organize regular briefing to the HWPC and CR, SMT, Tdh staff and/or partners on the progress of the research projects
- Produce reports, and ensure that regular and reliable information is produced
- Write the monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports in his/her field of activity
- Assist in the design, maintain and use data collection systems and punctual reporting to enable measurable results to prove the achievement of project objectives
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- At least five years of working experience in managing projects especially in WASH sector, both technical and behavior change aspects preferably in WASH in Health Care Facilities and Schools.
- Experience and willingness to travel to and work with remote and underprivileged communities
- Strong and proven management experience including e.g. project (PCM) and partnership management
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Stays informed to innovations in the field of work and be able to initiate with the project.
- Adapts a collaborative attitude both inside and outside the department
- Standard management skills incl. partners management, time management, quality assurance of work
- In-depth understanding of and technical skills in WASH issues especially in Nepal's context including in WASH in Health Care Facility and Schools.
- In-depth understanding PCM including Log-frame, ToC design
- Expertise in qualitative and quantities research methods, tools and approaches
- Reporting and Proposal writing skills including proofreading and editing of documents
- Excellent command of English and Nepali language (written and spoken)
- Good computer literacy & skills, including online collaboration tools.
Salary and benefits: As per Tdh’s salary scale; the salary and benefits are commensurate with an academic qualification, experience and competency plus provident fund, gratuity, health insurance package, children education and communication allowances.
Starting date: December 1, 2019, or to be agreed.
Deadline for application: October 20, 2019, 05.00 PM
If you are interested to apply for the position, please follow this link:
Please click here for online application
All employees of Tdh must adhere to the Tdh child safeguarding and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Tdh promotes workforce diversity. Women, people with disabilities and candidates from minority or disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect its commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.