- If you have been referred by a current or past Daraz employee, please mention the referrer’s full name and contact information in the cover letter itself.
- Company: daraz.com.np
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Address: Naxal, Kathmandu
- Beauty & Healthcare
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- BBA / BBM
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
We are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced vendor manager (buyer) for our FMCG/Groceries/Health & Beauty category. This is an important market for Daraz and one where we can provide immense value to consumers in Nepal. It also an area where rapid growth can be expected. You will lead in building relationships with key corporates in this sector, adding assortment and selection, negotiations, as well as in implementing key consumer programs, schemes and campaigns. You will also collaborate closely with the operations team given the unique logistical requirements of online shopping in these categories. The Vendor Manager must be a leader and communicator, and an effective negotiator while working with Daraz’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams.
- Identify top selling, trending products and products with potential that appeals to the customers of Daraz
- Identify product gaps in your category and source new products and/or new vendors to ensure we have the best products at the best prices in the market
- Build a strong relationship with key people managing various FMCG brands, understand their problems and train them on our systems and processes
- Work with the various FMCG brands to come up with promotions and schemes that will provide maximum value to Daraz’s customers
- Ensure that your vendors meet operational KPIs, i.e. the vendors are using their accounts regularly, dispatching products on time, updating prices and so on
- Analyze data to identify issues and areas for growth and work closely with vendors to improve performance
- Launch new initiatives to grow your sub-category/vendors or improve systems/processes
- Be aware of on-going prices and schemes of the various products in your sub-category to ensure that we are providing competitive prices and good value to our customers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Engineering with a minimum of two years of experience in relevant field.
- Previous experience in FMCG retail sector especially with regards to vendor management, procurement and purchasing is highly desirable
- Previous experience in B2B sales is highly desirable
- Proactive and able to work both independently and within a team
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities
- Strong numerical and analytical ability
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge and interest in FMCG, consumer packaged goods, groceries, health and beauty products
What we offer:
- An international working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce and online marketing
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, online marketing, business analytics, and operations
- Five days a week (Monday to Friday), 9 AM to 6 PM working hours
- Benefits package: Provident Fund, Gratuity, Fuel Expenses, Mobile top-ups and data pack, Accidental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Full annual health check-up
- Email with your CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email needs to serve as a cover letter
- Include in the subject field of the email the title of the job you are applying for
- If you have been referred by current or past Daraz employees, please mention the referer’s full name and contact information.