TOR-Trainer/Advisor, Training on Public Expenditure Tracking System (PETS) : Detail
- Company: Pact Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Kathmandu
- Consulting & Professional Services
- 6+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Social Accountability in the Health Sector (SAHS)
Terms of Reference – Trainer/Advisor, Training on Public Expenditure Tracking System (PETS)
The Social Accountability in the Health Sector (SAHS) programme is part of the planned DFID-funded Nepal Health Sector Programme 3 (NHSP3), which seeks to improve health of women, children, the poor and socially marginalized in Nepal, as well as improve the quality of health services nationwide.
The goal of SAHS is to support improved coherence and effectiveness of social accountability initiatives resulting in more effective and responsive health service governance and delivery, and link this with wider political accountability and reform processes, in line with the devolution of power set out in the new constitution.
Scope: The scope of work of the trainer/advisor will be to support and conduct training on Public Expenditure Tracking System.
Methodology: Desk study, participatory action learning, presentation and discussion, group work, role plays, field study etc.
Specification of Services: Preparation of training outline, session plan, reference materials, presentation slides and conduct PETS training following action learning module, prepare and submit training report.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Prepare training outline
- Prepare training session plan including pre-test and post-test questionnaire
- Prepare resource materials and presentation materials
- Conduct PETS training
- Prepare and submit training report
Timeframe: Maximum of 16 working days. The assignment will be intermittent and start from Sep 05 to Oct 15, 2018.
- Training session plan and reference materials in Nepali (3 days)
- Preparation of presentation slides and venue management (2 days)
- Training (4 days)
- Report preparation and submission (5 days)
- Travel (2 days)
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as health, public policy, public administration etc.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in training and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct PETS training.
- Professional level English ability - both written and oral.
Reporting: The trainer/consultant will report to the Team Leader, SAHS.
To Apply: Interested individuals, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2018. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.