- Company: SNV Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Jawalkhel
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
- Sarlahi & Dailekh
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference
Beyond the Finish Line- Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services Project
Sarlahi and Dailekh Districts
1. Backgroundand Programme Objectives
The project “Beyond the Finish Line(BFL)- Inclusive and sustainable rural water supply services” (2018-2022) is funded by DFAT (Australia) as part of the Water for Women fund which seeks to lead practice globally in gender and socially inclusive analysis, design and program delivery in WASH. The project is being implemented in partnership with Institute of Sustainable Futures (ISF)/University of Technology Sydney. The project is based on SNV’s programme approach of Area-Wide Rural Water Supply Services (ARWSS)and aims to contribute to improved health, gender equality, social inclusion, and well-being of the rural communities in Nepal by supporting inclusive, sustainable, and resilient rural water supply services (from existing schemes) and hygiene promotion. SNV’s WASH programmes are based upon the principle that access to water, sanitation and hygiene is a human right, and that local government is the duty bearer of that right. SNV’s role is to strengthen the capacity of local actors and systems to enable these rights within the population in their area. The project outcomes are as follows:
- Improved capacity of local government to lead multi-stakeholder sector planning, monitoring and targeting of investments following the human rights principles using evidence-based, transparent, and gender and socially inclusive decision-making.
- Improved performance of rural water supply implementers (construction of schemes) and operators of waters supply services to provide gender and socially inclusive, resilient, and sustainable water supply services.
- Strengthened post-construction support services, on technical, management, financial and social aspects for operators to deliver gender and socially inclusive, resilient, and sustainable water supply services.
- Improved capacity of local government to implement evidence-based inclusive and accessible hygiene SBCC around key behaviours such as hand-washing with soap (HWWS), MHM, cleanliness of toilets, safe water use and conservation at households, schools, and health facilities, and address social norms and attitudes.
- National learning and harmonisation by using project learnings to develop role models for gender and socially inclusive, resilient, and sustainable services and wider gender and socially inclusive outcomes.
- Improved leadership, voice, and choice of women, people with disabilities, and people who are socially excluded in households, communities, and institutions by mainstreaming the “GESI lense” in all programme components and targeting tailored initiatives for people who may be disadvantaged.
Therefore, SNV Nepal is looking for a local NGO to implement theBFL- Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services Project in four rural municipalities in each of the two target districts (Sarlahi, Dailekh).
2. Scope of Work
The project will address the following areas of work to achieve the above outcomes.
The areas of work within the components will include (but not be limited to) the following:
1) Local government capacity strengthening for sustainable and inclusive rural water supply services
- Good governance (inclusion, transparency, accountability)
- Water supply services assessments, strategy development, planning, monitoring
- Total sanitation planning, strategy development
- Regulation and enforcement
- Strengthen services for potentially disadvantaged groups (women, people with disabilities, low-caste, etc.)
- Effective functioning of multi-stakeholder platforms
2) Behavior Change Communication
- Develop local BCC materials and campaigns that are in line with BCC strategy and that follow disability inclusive principles.
- Implement BCC campaigns addressing different population segment groups
- Strengthen institutional capacity for BCC implementation
3) Strengthen service delivery mechanism for sustainable and resilient water supply services for all people
- Support upgrading/rehabilitation of water supply schemes
- Develop capacity of operators for sustainable services
- Develop capacity in post construction service provision
- Develop capacity of local government in improving quality of implementation
4) Monitoring, learning and dissemination:
- Support SNV team to implement impact and outcome surveys in the programme area.
- Conduct activity and output monitoring as per project objectives and use results to improve effectiveness of interventions and outreach to all people.
- Capture learnings through various formats (pictures, videos, documentation, etc.).
- Disseminate learnings at district and local body level.
4. Implementation Modality
The selected NGO will work under the guidance and with advisory support of SNV Nepal’s district based WASH Advisor. After awarding of contract, SNV shall support the NGO to prepare a detailed work plan with estimated budget. The NGO will implement the planned project activities at District, Rural Municipality, Ward and community level, and will be responsible for maintaining all documentation and accounts in compliance with standard financial procedures. The NGO will regularly liaise with and report to the District WASH Advisor. The NGO will submit monthly progress reports and quarterly financial reports, and facilitate internal audit processes conducted by SNV on a need basis.
5. Team Requirement
The NGO is expected to put in place a dedicated team for the implementation of the project. The requirements of the team are as follows:
- 1 Project Coordinator- full time; minimum, Bachelor education; minimum, two years experience in WASH; minimum two-year team supervision and project management experience.
- Local Resource Persons- full time (minimum one female); minimum, school leaving certificate; minimum one-year experience in WASH and/or community mobilisation (numbers to be finalized after planning workshop)
- 1 Admin/Finance Officer – 1 FTE (Full-time equivalent)
6. Qualification Criteria for Applicant
The applicant must fulfil the following qualification criteria:
- Locally registered.
- Minimum two-years’ experience inWASH or community development.
- Operational office set-up.
- Well established organisational policies and procedures (including HR, procurement, financial) and track record of sound financial processes (including tax compliance)
- Good relations with key stakeholders within district.
7. Submission of Application
Interested NGOs are requested to apply and submit the below documents by Sunday, October 20th, 2019. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. Please email submissions to SNV Nepal (email@example.com) with subject as “Beyond the Finish Line- Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services”.
- Cover letter (proposed district of work)
- 3-page (maximum) capacity statement of NGO proving ability to deliver scope of work with quality.
- Reference list of past projects linked directly to scope of work and/or experience in community development.
- Key budget line item (Annex 1)
- CV of proposed Project Coordinator responsible for leading and implementation of programme activities.
- Documents showing registration and renewal for current fiscal year.
- Latest audited financial statement of NGOs.
- VAT/PAN registration certificate.
8. Tentative Timeline
The contract is expected to commence in beginning of November 2019 subject to a successful bidding process. The successful applicant will be contracted for one year with potential for renewal until 2022.
9. Other considerations
Telephone enquiry and influences from different sources will not be entertained and may lead to rejection of application.Only short-listed organisation will be invited to a pre-contract workshop to discuss work plan and compliance.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Phone no: +977 1 5523444
Annex 1: Key budget line items
Project Coordinator (PC) -1
Local Resource Person (per person)