- Company: Nepal Red Cross Society, Rolpa
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Rolpa
- Engineering - Civil
- 2+ years
- Diploma in Engineering
- Rolpa district
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Nepal Red Cross Society, Rolpa District Chapter invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for Community Action for Health and WASH Project supported by Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) for the following positions.
Position: Technical Coordinator
Level: 5 (five)
Number: One (Male or Female)
Duty Station: Project site office located at PariwartanRural Municipality of Rolpa district
Minimum Requirements: Diploma in civil engineering (PCL) from recognized institution. At least 2 years work experience on designing, construction and supervision of water scheme and institutional nfrastructures. Computer skills include use of AUTOCAD and use of Office Applications. Good skill of using different survey equipment i.e. Abney level, Auto level machine, Total station, Theodolite etc. Need excellent communication/facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to communicate and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Age bar is 18-45 yrs.
Contract period for all above positions are for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates willing to travel frequently in remote areas and worked in pressured environment may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to email@example.com September 28, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called at NRCS Rolpa District Chapter office, Libang for further selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme in the field. The employee should report to District Programme Coordinator. Detailed scope of work includes:
- Provide technical assistance to conduct water resource mapping, pre-feasibility study and detail survey of the possible water sources
- Assess the infrastructurestatusmainly related to WASH of health facilities, PHC-ORC Clinics and schools
- Support to carry out detail survey to construct different infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Provide necessary information and also support to prepare the design and cost estimate report of the water schemes and infrastructuresin health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Provide technical support and ensure the quality construction ofwater schemes and infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinicsasper design and cost estimate report
- Assist to develop Palika level Total Sanitation strategic plan, Ward and Palika level WASH plan and other relevant policy guidelines
- Maintain coordination and good linkages with related stakeholders i.e. Palika, RM-WASH-CC, W-WASH-CC, HFOMC, Schools, CBOs etc to develop their ownership in the construction process
- Coordinate with Palika and ward office to ensure the fund allocation from their side for the construction of water schemes and infrastructuresin health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Facilitate in community to ensure the community contribution in any construction projectsand also support to monitor the performance of the skilled/unskilled labors involved in construction process and guide them as per need.
- Develop action plan, necessary formats and innovative tools etc for the effective implementation of the programme
- Organize and facilitate meetings and trainings as planned.
- Participate in relevant meetings, orientations, workshops and trainings.
- Collectthe information, photos related to the construction status,fill in relevant formats (fact sheets, reporting templates etc), prepare success stories and share to the concerns on time.
- Facilitate to the relevant committees to prepare the business plan for the sustainability and multi-use of the infrastructures
- Assess the use of constructed infrastructures and facilitate to the relevant members for the functionality and proper utilization of the structures
- Ensure of cost effectiveness and circumvent over exceeding of the allocated budget while running activities.
- Fulfill other project assignments given by NRCS district chapter and NRCS CEHP.