- Company: IOM Nepal
- Industry: Other
- Address: 768/12 Thirbam Sadak, Baluwatar - 5
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/11/19
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Sr. Project Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 6
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 17, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the project guidance and supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the International Migration Health Physician, direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, and overall supervision of the Chief Of Mission, the Senior Project Assistant is responsible for providing specialized assistance in implementing and coordinating the project activities, with the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized assistance to the Migration Health Officer in overall implementation, monitoring and coordination of the project.
- Research or collect relevant migration health related information and data, compile, analyse, summarize and share findings with the team, donors and stakeholders.
- Perform and assist in the organizing, implementing and facilitating of internal and external meetings, trainings and events for project target groups.
- Participate in the development of tools for the preparation of gender-disaggregated migration health data.
- Develop Terms of Reference for the consultants and assist in the recruitment process.
- Draft periodic reports on program delivery, including interim and final reports to donors on budgetary expenditure and results, in coordination with project implementation team and the resource management team.
- Liaise and coordinate with the GoN and relevant UN agencies to form a technical working group (with gender balance) and organize meetings regularly as per the project need to meet the objectives.
- Liaise and coordinate with the GoN and other counterparts to organize consultation meetings to meet project objectives.
- Support in developing documents as per the project activities and conduct monitoring to ensure full compliance with the time line of the project and recording reporting tools.
- Draft interim reports and the final report as per the requirement of the donor and also prepare minutes after each stakeholder meetings.
- Support in the development of contents as well as web-based comprehensive MHMIS (Migration Health Management Information System) ensuring gender considerations in close coordination with TWG and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform and coordinate the project admin related activities including facilitating procurement services.
- Perform and assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related discipline from an accredited academic institution with minimum 4 years of relevant project assistance professional experience;
- Master’s degree in public health or PMP certification will be an advantage.
- Experience in project activities tracking, monitoring and reporting;
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel, Internet, Statistical analysis using Software, Internet;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to organize;
- Self-motivated and objective driven.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 17 October 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.