- Company: Winrock International
- Industry: Agriculture
- Address: Sanepa, Kharibot
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Post Graduate / Masters in related field.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Business Opportunities Manager (P5)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
REPORTS TO: Business and Market Systems Director
The Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project is a USAID funded five-year second phase of the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) initiative in Nepal. The aim of KISAN II is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the FTF zone of influence. The US$ 32.70 million project is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five other Nepali and US based organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC), Digital Green, Siddhartha Inc, and Overseas Strategic Consulting (OSC).
KISAN II aims to work with private sector firms, input suppliers, Millers, and private sector change agents etc.; whoever are playing a catalyst role in agriculture productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment to agriculture sector business growth and literacy skills. KISAN II will work in the 20 districts in the West, Mid-West and Far-West Regions (FTF Zone of Influence I), and four earthquake -affected districts in the Central Region (FTF Zone of Influence 2).
- Identify capacity gaps across private sector actors (i.e. in supply chain, business operations, finance, etc), and facilitate capacity building plans and access to training services.
- Identify and work closely with lead and intermediate private sector firms and build their capacity to rollout firm-led services reaching smallholder communities.
- Facilitate private sector investment in embedded services, expansion to rural areas, and other innovative solutions.
- Liaise closely with financial institutions, end-markets, and service providers to increase smallholder access to markets.
- In coordination with DCOP/Finance, oversee ICT development under Partnership and Innovation Fund (PIF) activities that support monitoring conducted by Lead Firms and other private sector actors.
- Identify bank and non-bank finance solutions and products for each level of the market system including: service provision, production, processing and marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Advanced degree in finance, business, or a related field
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience providing firm-level business development support services including, but not limited to, supply chain management, business operations, and financial management.
- Experience with both formal and informal finance mechanisms.
- Track record in designing and rolling out training programs targeting SMEs.
- Demonstrated track record of working with financial service providers, investors, and private sector.
Other: High level of English and of Nepali is required.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can post their cover letter and CV to Jobs.KISAN@winrock.org within 30th April 2018. Applicants should reference SBO Manager KISAN II in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.