- Company: GrowByData Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Industry: Information Services
- Address: Bakhundole
- Engineering - Software
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- B.E. in Computer Science
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Are you interested in a Silicon Valley-style development environment? Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Nepal? GrowByData is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Team! The individual will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring complex software systems.
TITLE: Software Engineer
- Good understanding of computer software, databases, and programming
- Comprehensive understanding of web development and best practices
- Experienced with Laravel 5+ framework
- Familiar with REST API using Passport and other authentication techniques
- Must have experience working with databases such as MySQL, MSSQLPgSQLetc
- Should have strong grasp of database concepts like stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexing and query optimization etc.
- Experienced with version control management (Git, Bitbucket) to maintain code, documentation and configurations
- Basic idea of UNIX and web server handling in AWS platforms
- Experience of working on different E-Commerce Platforms (Magento, Yahoo, Big Commerce, 3D Cart, Shopify Plus etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge/Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Jaspersoft, Pentaho etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data (Amazon Redshift, Hadoop) is preferred
- Good communication skills in English and Nepali
- Willing to work off-hours preferred
- Experience with micro services, n-layered application, design patterns, SQL, design patterns, concurrency patterns is preferred
- Knowledge of code optimization, query optimization, code refactoring and test-driven development will be a plus point
- Familiar with first- and third-party cookies and its limitations
- Will be required to code and debug software modules while following industry standard development practices and coding conventions
- Will be required to model and develop database artifacts such as tables, views, store procedures, triggers etc.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
- Perform key role in cross-functional teams through development, testing, and product launch
- Be a persistent, creative problem ¬solver and remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Excel under tight deadlines, and proactively communicate with team members and managers
- Many more as the right candidate grows and contribute
- Communicate proactively and effectively with team members leads, management, and clients
- Maintain strict confidentiality of your work
- Assist in creating a friendly, entrepreneurial and A+ corporate culture in Nepal
EDUCATION: Minimum B.E Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent
Experience: Prior 3 years and above experience in a relevant field would be preferred and favorable.
The right candidate will be looking for not just a new job, but a stellar career with our growing company. Ideal candidate should be a self-driven, motivated and an innovative engineer with the never filling appetite to learn. If you want to leave your mark on a new endeavor, and really take ownership of what will be the driving force of a successful company, then let us know you want to become a part of our team! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered immediately.