- Company: PHASE Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Dadhikot
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
- Kathmandu Valley and Sisdole (Nuwakot)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
1. Job Description: Social Mobilization Officer
Job Title: Social Mobilization Officer
Organization: PHASE Nepal
Reports to: Project Manager
Field Location: 100% Field Based
2. JOB PURPOSE
The “Healthy Waste Workers in Nepal” project has been designed to improve physical health and psychosocial well being of the waste workers and the project site community as well. The project will contribute to ensuring that waste workers’ issues are better addressed within the health care system. Through the project, identify the target groups and aims to support them with different activities to mitigate the Environmental and Occupational Risks and improves access to health care as well. Supported by MdM -France.
The main target beneficiaries of all project related activities are informal waste workers working in Kathmandu valley and temporary landfill site in Sisdole, Nuwakot.
The role of social mobilization officer will be responsible to plan and implement community mobilisation activities in project areas. He/She facilitates programme activities as per as per the plan and achieving objectives of the project. He/She will be responsible to identify gaps and timely share feedback with the project head. He/She will support Technical staff, Peer educator and community mobilizer field based activities, trainings, workshops and program visits for assuring quality of program implementation.
DETAILED OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
The Social mobilization officer will be responsible for
- Take lead role on group management and Community mobilization.
- Networking/ lobbying with relevant stakeholders: CBO, authorities. Develop and build up sound relationship, networking and coordination among IWWs, community stakeholders, Local governing authorities.
- Create appropriate environment to increase group spirit and group mobilization, accompany revitalization, formalization (registration)
- Accompany group leaders and members in need assessments, identification, new waste workers and identify of opportunities, CBO Activities regarding health right, harm reduction and occupational health through appropriate meetings
- Encourage for group dynamics and sustainability
- Identification of target Groups and prepare strategy for consulting health facility.
- Plan and conduct meetings with the community mobilisers and Peer Educators.
- Perform other assignments following the information received from the organisation as per need.
- Good team player
- Support leaders to represent the organisation at the community level
- Assist in development of HWW programmes and report to line manager about all the community activities and providing support to the staff for Health education and regular meeting.
- Encourage vaccination (tetanus, Hep B) of all waste workers.
- Encourage for use of Personal Protective Equipment's (PPEs) with the importance of PPE to protect them from injuries, disease transmission and from toxic substances.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organisation at the community level.
- Encourage the waste workers community / group to speak for their own health right.
- Coordinate with informal waste workers and local stakeholder, arrange meeting with them to Inform about UHC services, especially to IWWs and families
3. KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE DUTIES.
- Educational Attainment is Bachelors/Master Degree in Sociology.
- Should have sound knowledge of community mobilization with minimum 3 years' experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to group mobilization and awareness raising activities in community
- Knowledge of local language (Hindi, Maithili and Bhojpuri) is Compulsory .
- Ability to observe, problem solve and accurately analyse situations, act calmly and make sound decisions in pressurised situations.
- Ability to stand in front of a group of people, funding donor, senior managers or community leaders and present information without showing fear or arrogance.
- Well motivated, team member able to work alone and/or without supervision.
If you are interested to apply for above post, please send your CV with application letter to HR Department no later than 21st March, 2019, to email@example.com. For further details, please visit PHASE Nepal website and Facebook pages.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Please submit your application letter clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from the selection process. PHASE Nepal respects child rights and strictly follows the child protection policy of the organization.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.