Research Assistant for ICS External Evaluation : Detail
- Company: Restless Development
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Restless Development
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference – Research Assistant
Research Assistant for ICS External Evaluation
Duration: 29th June 2018 – 10th July 2018
Restless Development, the youth-led development agency, has been the global leader in engaging and supporting young people to address the most urgent issues affecting their lives, communities and countries since 1985. With 25 years of successful work in Nepal, we are now entering an exciting new phase of strategic significance, impact and national recognition, with the launch of a new brand and the upcoming creation of a new 5-year strategy (Global Strategy 3, GS3)
International Citizen Service (ICS) is a UK Government funded (through the Department for International Development: DfID) development programme that brings volunteers aged 18-25 from across all the UK together with volunteers from the host country. ICS is currently led by VSO and is delivered by a consortium of 8 youth development and volunteering organisations.
Purpose of the Research Assistant
The research assistant will support the UK External Evaluators in field during the evaluation. In particular, the research assistants are expected to provide the following support:
- Interpretation services between local language and English;
- Administration (e.g. filling internal forms/templates in line with the agency’s requirements);
- Logistics (e.g. booking taxis, setting up meetings, etc.);
- Facilitation of data collection exercises (e.g. group interviews);
- Conduct data analysis.
Consultancy Fee and Logistics
Restless Development is offering a consultancy fee of Nrs 10,000.00 (including tax) during the agreed time.
Food, accommodation and travel during the field will covered by Restless Development according to the organization policy
- Ability to interpret from/to local language to English (i.e. fluency in both English and the local language);
- Familiarity with the agency’s work in the country (ICS alumni are encouraged)
- Not having being directly involved in the project being evaluated
- Strong appreciation of and commitment to maintaining data confidentiality.
- Must be a Nepali national
Application for Research Assistant
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter highlighting its skills and expertise, and a updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2018.