- Company: FCA-Foundation
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Gairidhara
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - Thematic Assessment on Education – FCA NEPAL
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation and humanitarian organization. FCA’s vision is a world comprised of resilient and just societies where everyone's right to peace, quality education and sustainable livelihood has been fulfilled. FCA is a rights-based organisation, and our actions are guided by international human rights standards and principles. FCA works with economically poor and socially marginalized groups in 14 countries across the world.
With a commitment to bring about positive development through collaboration, FCA has been working in Nepal since 2013 with the core components livelihood and education, focused on promoting the rights of women and vulnerable groups facing various types of discrimination. FCA has been implementing development cooperation and disaster response and recovery programs and projects covering 14 districts and the current Nepal program focuses on work in Provinces 2, 3, 6 and 7.
FCA Nepal Country Office will be updating its Country Strategy. To provide input towards this process, FCA is requesting proposals from consultants to carry out two separate thematic assessments; one on livelihood and one on education.The objective of the assessments is to collect information, analysis and recommendations that will help FCA Nepal plan and implement its future Country Programme.
2. Purpose of assignment
The purpose of the assessment is to provide detailed analysis and recommendations that will help FCA and their partners to improve the identification, formulation, implementation and evaluation of education programs.
The assessment report will serve as a background document for FCA Nepal’s Country Strategy revision process. It will give FCA and its partners:
- Clear recommendations for future strategic and programmatic direction in FCA’s education work in Nepal, considering FCA’s Global Programme 2018-23 and beyond.
- Information on education programming leading to improved understanding, appropriateness and quality of FCA’s education program in Nepal. A central aspect will be to clarify where the Linking Learning to Earning approach can be applied.
- Identification of niche areas where FCA could give added value at the education sector level, taking into account what is already being done by other actors, possible complementarity with Finland’s bilateral support to Nepal’s education sector, and introduction of new areas of intervention when applicable.
- Identification of key funding agencies and their funding profiles that match the identified FCA strengths and niche.
- Reliable findings and programmatic recommendations that serve as useful and relevant information for proposal development purposes towards identified priority donors.
- Recommendations for potential partnerships and networks including but not limited to government ministries and agencies, institutions, I/NGOs, CBOs and companies for future education programmes, relevant for FCA’s long term strategic planning.
3. Working modalities and methodology
While it is up to the consultant(s) to develop and discuss with FCA the precise methodology to be used for the assessment, the assessment should be carried out through a combination of:
- Comprehensive understanding of the education components of FCA’s Global Strategy and FCA Nepal Country Strategy
- Desk study, which may include but not be limited to a review of:
- Relevant national laws and international commitments, development plans and policies, government initiatives and programmes, and other such documents of relevance
- FCA’s and its education partners’ strategies, plans, and reports, both on country and project level.
- Relevant reports and other publications published by UN, international and national development actors
- Developing the methodology and tools to be used during the field study.
- Collaboration with the consultant for the Education Thematic Assessment on all issues related to TVET
- Field study in particular provinces 2, and 7 including interviews and meetings with relevant stakeholders, beneficiaries, FCA partners and consultations with FCA Country Office and Head Office staff. A participatory approach should be applied.
- Analysis and a comprehensive report presenting the key findings, conclusions and recommendations for FCA Nepal.
4. Expected results and deliverables
The assessment report is expected to provide practical outputs, answering questions provided by FCA and finalized jointly between the consultant and FCA.The assignment will be made in phases with the following deliverables.
- An inception report including a work plan with proposed research methodology and tools, 10 days after signing of the contract.
- A draft assessment report should be submitted by 8 April 2019, and will thereafter be reviewed and commented by FCA team. Feedback on the draft will be given latest 7 days after receiving the draft.
- The final assessment report of the whole assignment will be made available latest by 19 April 2019 followed by a workshop discussing the findings, conclusions and recommendations in detail.
- A PowerPoint presentation presenting methodology, findings and recommendations of the final assessment report.
For the full scope of the assignment and further details, please refer this link