Renewable Energy Advisor : Detail
- Company: SNV Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Jawalkhel
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Renewable Energy Advisor
Province Headquarter, npFull-time
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV and its partners are looking for Renewable Energy Advisors to be working for a potential upcoming project in renewable energy sector, based in the provinces (2, 3, 4, 5 & 6). This positions are contingent upon funding.
Contract Type : Employment Contract
Required number of Position : 5
Duty Station : In Province Headquarters
Contract Period : 5 years
- Foster cross provincial cooperation and exchange between Renewable Energy (RE) focal points at Provincial level and below as well as vertical cooperation with Alternate Energy Promotion Center's (AEPC) Central Office and Local Governments and stakeholders.
- Supervision of project staff in the provincial level.
- Coordinating all stages of the project with key stakeholders and ensuring transparency for partners
- Ensuring the connectivity of project / programme management with established SNV practice by applying Capacity Works
- Identifying the need for short-term assignments, as well as local subsidy contributions and financial agreements, as well as Public Private Partnership (PPP), planning and steering the assignments, and supporting the local and international short-term experts. Follow up on the outcomes of these assignments,
- Coordinating the organization / running of training measures which are in the scope of the program monitoring and documenting work progress
- Ensuring a monitoring and evaluation system is in place that is aligned with programs Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework.
- Planning and supporting project-related research
- Project management function and preparing regular reports in English
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in preparing and conducting the interim evaluation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Energy, Engineering, Business Administration (with Master’s Degree is desirable) or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, with 3 years’ experience working with local governance.
- Affinity with disadvantages groups and social mobilization
- Knowledge and understanding of Renewable Energy sector and RE technologies is required
- Knowledge and skill of project management
- Experience working with local governments and stakeholders from public and private sectors
- Willing to be based in, and preferable originating from, the respective Province
How to Apply: If you are interested, we invite you to apply via http://smrtr.io/_W5UyQ by uploading your CV and cover letter by 18 February 2018. Please also mention your preferred duty station (Province) in cover letter.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org