- Company: Multipurpose Development Management Service
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Tintolia, Pipal Marg, Biratnagar-10
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Multipurpose Development Management Service Nepal is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in Morang district and working in different community development sectors; Livelihood, Education, WASH and Youth Development since 2002 A.D. MDMS, a leading NGO in Morang district has been implementing AVESHA (School Related Gender Based Violence) project with partnership of World Vision International Nepal (WVIN) designed to contribute for the safer environments for children in schools in Morang district, through safe and accessible infrastructure, WASH facilities and increased support to address gender based violence is looking for interested, eligible, and result oriented Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
Position: Project Officer (1)
The Project Officer- SRGBV will manage AVESHA -School Related Gender Based Violence (SRGBV) project in the respective district ensuring compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. The role will be responsible for facilitating/managing the project and monitoring the performance of social mobilizers and sub engineer to ensuring quality of work with appropriate technical and functional support and manage relationships of concerned stakeholders including Local Government.
- Direct report to Project Coordinator and matrix to Field Protection Coordinator of World Vision International Nepal East Field Office
- Provide facilitation and management to SRGBV project and monitor performance of project team in implementation of project ensuring projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements.
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project and development of mitigation measures.
- With guidance from Project Coordinator – NGO and Field Protection Coordinator - WVIN ensure appropriate analysis and project results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of project design and implementation.
- Lead the district level coordination and initiate different initiatives to align the project impacts with the government strategy and plan.
- In coordination with Project Coordinator-NGO and Field Coordinator -Protection WVIN relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local and district levels in alignment with project strategy/plan.
- Provide timely feedback to the project staffs in time to guide the project on its quality and standard.
- Ensure Planning, Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality.
- Report to Project Coordinator on the challenges and issues to provide solution to the bottlenecks of the SRGBV project.
- Provide report and monthly analysis of SRGBV project to the Project Coordinator – NGO.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor in Social Science or relevant discipline with three to five years of experience in child protection related project (preferably Gender Based Violence and Child protection projects)
Position: Field Mobilizer (3)
Field Mobilizers work with a certain number of wards/ local protection and promotion committees, police and groups like children and life skills groups, mother groups, School, School Management Committees (SMC) and Parents in respective areas. With support from Project Officer, Field Mobilizerswill work with the above stakeholders to build their capacity on School Based Gender Based Violence (SRGBV) and child protection (CP), building confidence of children through enhancing their knowledge on SRGBV and WASH and creating protective environment at schools, homes and communities.
Key duties includes: Building capacity of SMC, Parents and Teacher Association (PTA), child clubs, organize/facilitate SMC, PTA and Child Clubs meetings, produce monthly progress report. S/he will be also responsible to guide and mobilize child clubs, SMC, PTA to ensure effective implementation and documentation of the interventions of the project.
Reports to: Project Officer
- Facilitate and Support in the re/formation of child clubs in the schools of target area.
- Facilitate in the participation and selection of SMC/PTA, Child Clubs from the most vulnerable area.
- Support providing local information as required to the Project Officer and MEAL Coordinator to update database on issues related to SRGBV and child protection issues.
- Monitor and provide feedback to the child club members, PTA, SMC or management on ensuring gender based violence and discrimination free schools.
- Ensure regular meeting with SMC to include SRGBV issue in School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Support SMC, teacher, parents and child club to organize meeting and be part of it.
- Organize the local level meetings and events in coordination with the government and community groups.
- Regular visit to the communities and school to ensure they are practicing measures to keep their school and home free from gender based violence.
- Participate in the ward/municipal level meetings organized by the local government and advocate on the issues that SRGBV project is highlighting.
- Mobilize local stakeholders like child clubs, parents, SMC, PTA, faith leaders and political leaders to make local level decision in protection of children and ensuring child rights.
- Report the incidents on SRGBV and Child protection concerns happening in the school and community to the formal system.
- Regular meeting with parents and children in the communities to discuss the child protection issues, GBV and the importance of reporting the cases.
- Report the CP cases to NGO – CP Focal Point if there are any cases of Registered Children timely.
- Document the progress of the project and keep it updated.
- Do Documentation of case studies.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
Intermediate in relevant discipline (social Science) with at least 2 years experiences on child protection projects in similar capacity or having strong social mobilization skills
Deadline of application submission: 15 January 2019
Age limit: Above 18 years
Monthly Salary: As per organization’s rule
Priorities will be given to marginalized community including women
Employee recruitment process will be controlled by MDMS
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV along with covering letter mentioning your relevance with the position before 15th January, 2019, 16:00 PM to the Executive Director, MDMS Nepal at email@example.com. Applicants should refer the applying position in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria will only be short listed for written examination and interview.
Written Examination and interview: 17 January 2019
Contact address: Multipurpose Development Management Service Nepal, Biratnagar – 10, PipalMarga, Tintoliya.
Phone number: 021-415199