- Company: Hamro Palo
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Baneshower
- Full Time / Contract
- 4+ years
- B.S.W. (Bachelors in Social Work)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Position: Project Manager
Based in Kathmandu- Requires frequent travels to Province 2
Reports to: Executive Director
Hamro Palo is a non-government organization established in early 2016. Before the registration, Hamro Palo had been running Her Turn workshops in schools in remote and rural villages of Gorkha and Sindhupalchok districts under fiscal sponsorship of like-minded organizations.
We are currently looking for a qualified and competent Project Manager to lead a five-year Program “Leave No Girl Behind” funded by the Girls Education Challenge. The project will be based in Province 2 and will focus on life skills development and school-based programming.
- Based on knowledge and understanding of the project activities, outputs, targets, timeline, and budget, develop a work plan, plan of actions and calendar of activities in consultation with Executive Director, Program, Documentation, and Admin/Finance department;
- Ensure constructive engagement of local stakeholders such as GaunPalika/Nagar Palika head, School Management Committee, Parents Teachers Association, Women groups, cooperatives etc in all project activities;
- Guide the program team and supervise all the project activities to ensure gender and social inclusion in the selection of staff, partners, service providers and contractors of all the activities of the project;
- Ensure effective, clear and timely communication between project, partners’, donors’ teams, schools, local level authorities, etc.;
- Follow the regulations/guidelines of Hamro Palo and funding organization’s policies (branding, accountability, communication, meeting work standard) and also ensure that the same has been properly applied by other project staff during the implementation of the project activities;
- Engage in regular capacity building, coaching, mentoring and monitoring of project staff as and when required;
- Lead and coordinate monitoring, baseline, and endline assessment process, and qualitative evaluation of all activities, supervise data entry and storage;
- Lead, guide and monitor preparation of reports and support documents for the institutional record and for submission to partner organizations, maintaining proper reporting system;
- Supervise the program team, documentation, and admin/ finance team to plan, manage, and monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on the program as against budget and provide timely advice of likely over and underspends;
- Prepare regular milestone, periodic and final reports of all the activities to be carried out under the project in close coordination with the project team and the Executive Director;
- Lead in updating and preparing training and workshop manuals (basic, advanced and refresher);
- Plan and conduct periodic monitoring and observation visits to observe and facilitate the project activities to be carried out at the community level;
- Coordinate with Social Welfare Council (SWC) and District Coordination Committee (DCC) in working districts for their involvement in the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities and ensure the submission of periodic progress and financial report to them;
- Perform others duties as required by the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in management, education, gender, social work or any other related field (Masters Degree preferred)
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, preference will be given to candidates with relevant project management experience
- Knowledge of and interest in issues such as early marriage, child protection, women's rights, SGBV, girls' empowerment and/or other relevant subjects
- Excellent communication and documentation skill in English and Nepali
- Ability to maintain professionalism and cultural sensitivity in the field
- Ability to follow up on tasks, meet deadlines and follow through
- Ability to multitask and very good attention to detail
- Ability to quickly make decisions and flexibility to react to changing circumstances
Proficiency in the languages spoken in Province 2 will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates must send
- A Cover Letter
- CV( not more than 3 pages)
- Two Reference contacts from last two employment
to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject [Application- Project Manager] by 17:00 hrs, 31 August 2018.
Hamro Palo promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls will be entertained.