- Company: Kakshyalaya
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Diamond Marg, Kupondole
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Kakshyalaya is a not-profit Non-Government Organization (NGO) that strives to improve the quality of education in Nepal by serving school communities, teachers and children. With schools, the organization inspires to develop long-term relationships, provide sustainable teaching resources and infrastructure support as appropriate. The organization strives to empower teachers by providing professional development and support based on modeling and experiential practice.
The organization is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the position of Project Coordinator.
Designation: Project Coordinator
Required No: 1 (Full-Time)
Location: Kupondole, Lalitpur
Report to: Executive Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Project Coordinator will be in charge of all the project activities along with ensuring the quality of project. Moreover, Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Planning & Program Development
- Developing a realistic and results-based work plan project activities implementation, coordination, supervision and quality assurance.
- Effectively managing daily program, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting.
- Actively participate in designing primary and basic training strategies.
- Research new and innovative curriculum/learning practices.
- Coordinate planning, designing, and development of training course content and assessments.
- Coordinate with all concerned stakeholders in order to ensure program is well planned and resources prudently utilized.
- Coordinate with the concerned government agencies to plan and implement programs.
- Taking charge of day-to-day management of training teams and monitor trainers’ performance.
- Liaise with concerned stakeholders in terms of systematic reviewing and monitoring of ToT (Training of Teachers); additionally do the same with evaluation of the students.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including teachers, principals, school management committee members, parents and government agencies including the local district governments and other officials.
- Utilize ‘above mentioned’ relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s mission.
- Collaborating and coordinating with as well as maintaining good relationships and contacts with District Education Office (DEO) Rural Municipality/Municipality, educational and social leaders and other stakeholders.
- Developing and submitting reports as required on project initiation, progress, closeout and/or any alternative compliance reports necessary for projects.
- Ensure documentation of case studies, best practices, visual documentation and other as per project requirement.
- Prepare program reports and submit them to the Executive Director for revision and finalization.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Education, Project Management or other appropriate disciplines.
- Work experience in the above mentioned field is a plus; however, more important is enthusiasm to learn and make a difference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Familiarity and functional competence in Microsoft Office, Excel and other applications.
Salary and benefits will be as per the organization rule.
Interested candidates can email their CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th May 2018. Please write ‘Project Coordinator’ on the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for further selection processes.
Kakshyalaya is an equal opportunity provider.