- Company: DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: GPO Box 4844
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Vacancy Announcement for the position of Project Coordinator, Nepal
The DanChurchAid (DCA) Nepal Country Programme
DCA has been supporting development work in Nepal since 1980’s. Initially, the work was focused on traditional development fields like clean drinking water, irrigation systems and improvement of infrastructures. However, these modalities have changed over the years. We are now working mainly to improve the life and livelihoods of the most marginalized communities through a more rights-based approach.
- DCA focus areas
- Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
- Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
- Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
The Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible to manage the Flood Recovery Project to be implemented between September 2019 and February 2020. The project will be implemented in selected municipalities of Saptari and Siraha Districts and implemented by the local implementing partner-Koshi Victim Society (KVS). S/he will work very closely and report to the Programme Manager- Humanitarian and Disaster Risk Reduction. The project has Cash and Voucher Assistance, shelter support and protection mainstreaming. This will require working closely with the Local Government. S/he will ensure to meet all the compliances at the local level.
This position will be based at the partner’s office in Saptari District.
The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator
- Ensure project activities are aligned with the project document and its implementation by the partner
- Review proposed action and budget of the project if necessary, revise in coordination with the Programme Manager
- Coordinate and liaise with the Partners’ staff to align their individual plans to the project plan
- Lead coordination with district stakeholders and Local Government Agencies in managing the project effectively
- Support partner on identifying appropriate technical staff to implement the project
- Act as a key contact for the project and link between the local partner and the local authorities
- Actively participate in various forums and networks at the district and municipality level to discuss on the project and learn from others
- Work closely with the partner’s DRR Officer and provide technical support and backstopping
- Project also aims to enhance risk governance at the palika level such as development of DRM related policies and guidelines, establishment of LEOC, SOP for Disaster Management Fund etc.
- The position will lead to support on enhancing risk governance at Palika by providing technical support, undertaking workshops, development of required documents supported by partner DRR office
- Provide technical input to the design of various communication materials, tools and guidelines as required by the project
- Support on implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) with liasoning and approval from the local government, capacity building of the partners and undertaking market assessment and Financial Service Providers
- Support on updating partner’s Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan and Contingency Plan
Additional responsibilities include
- Coordinate and work closely with the Local Government
- Ensure to acquire approvals and meet all compliance from the Local Government
- Undertake capacity building activities for the local government authorities
- Ensure risk governances policies and practices are enhanced at the local government including LDRMP and DPRP
- Coordinate with project partner, local authorities, private sectors associated with the project, media, I/NGOs and other stakeholders in order to manage the project effectively
- Build relationship with appropriate organisations focused on vulnerability at the district and national level as targeted by the project
- Participate proactively and contribute in relevant coordination forums, working group and cluster meetings at the district and local level.
- Function as District Lead Support Agency (DLSA) to enhance coordination and information management in Saptari district
Professional skills and qualifications needed in the position
- Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Disaster Risk Reduction, Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Development Studies or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in DRR and Emergency Response or related field.
- Experience on implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), shelter support and protection mainstreaming
- Demonstrated skills on development of communication and awareness raising materials and products
- Practical experience and knowledge on working with the Vulnerable People mainly the Elderly, Single Women, People with Disability (PwDs), in the context of emergencies
- Experience of working in the lowlands of Nepal and is acquainted with the local context
- Excellent reports writing skills
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills with the local government
- Strong coordination and interpersonal communication skill
- Fluency in oral and written skills in Nepali and English
- Strong facilitation skills in building capacity of local government, partner organisation and the community
- Commitment to partnership modality as applied by DCA
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. To apply please up-load the cover letter and CV by clicking on the link below, Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered
- Cover Letter (max 1 page),
- CV (max 3 pages) and
- Answers provided to the online-application questions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To apply use the following link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vancancies/project-coordinator-nepal
Closing date for applications will be midnight Danish time September 22, 2019
Interviews are expected to be held the week starting September 26, 2019. However, interviews can be held on a rolling basis. And, DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
For further information please visit our website, http://www.danchurchaid.org
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.