- Company: Stay at School Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Sano Bharyang, Nagarjun-2, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
- Solukhumbu and Kathmandu
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Position: Program Officer
Organization: Stay at School Nepal (www.stayatschool.org)
With a mission to create brighter futures through better education for the children of remote mountain community, Stay at School Nepal (SSN) was established in 2017 as an NGO with education as its core thematic area. SSN helps to build and operate hostel at mountain schools, creating educational hubs for communities. With our help, children stay at school longer, improving their chance to have a happy, fulfilled and prosperous life. Currently SSN is supporting Junbesi Secondary School, located at Junbesi, Solududhkunda Municipality-2 and Chandrajyoti Secondary School located at Bhakanje, Likhu Pikey Rural Municipality-5 to build, operate and manage hostel. We have more hostel projects in a pipeline which includes both construction as well as multi-faceted program of ideas and activities designed to broaden and enrich the lives of students.
Location: 75 % in Solukhumbu and 25 % in Kathmandu
SSN is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program Officer. Hard working and enthusiastic professional with excellent work knowledge and commitment to contribute for the children of remote school make best fit for the position. The position involves looking after the program of SSN as well as admin and basic finance work. Motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in their life is what we are looking for.
- Plan, organize and implement programs and activities
- Plan, organize and implement career counseling and mentoring support to the students of partner schools
- Manage scholarship program
- Coordinate with partner schools to enforce operating guidelines, system, and policy of SSN to run hostel
- Undertake research, data collection and networking activities with schools, stakeholders and government agencies
- Liaise with government agencies and other regulating bodies for reporting and other regular work
- Help with other duties like admin and basic finance initially at least
- Other relevant duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Management or any relevant field from a reputed University
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English and Nepali
- Excellent communication skills
- Soft skills of research, facilitating community engagement, and educational attainment
- Willingness to live and adapt in the remote mountain village with basic facility
- At least 2 years’ work experience in the similar field
- Commitment for at least 2 years
Salary and Benefits:
- Attractive package of salary and benefits based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with at least 2 reference by email to: email@example.com before 5 PM, 20 April, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be called for the interview. Preference will be given to female and local candidates from the marginalized community.