- Company: International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Uttardhoka Sadak
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. IFES Nepal provides technical assistance to the electoral cycle to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking applications from qualified, dynamic and competent candidates for the position of Program Coordinator for civil society programs under the USAID funded Niti Sambad program.This position will be under the supervision of the Program Officer and will be full-time based in Kathmandu with occasional field visits.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Officer, the Program Coordinators’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Coordinating programmatic and financial aspects of civil society organization (CSO) sub-awards under the supervision of Program Officer, CSO Sub-Awards.
· Planning and implementation of timely, high quality CSO sub-award activities.
· Communicating, coordinating and liaising with CSO sub awardees to ensure accurate and timely delivery of sub awardee financial, narrative, and quantitative reports including providing technical support to ensure accurate data entry into IFES monitoring and evaluation templates.
· Supporting monitoring and evaluation efforts through CSO report analysis, data compilation and field visits.
· Supporting development of IEC materials required for the program.
· Preparing monthly and weekly narrative and quantitative reports and best practices related to all CSO work contributing the IFES’ quarterly reporting requirements to the donor and event reports.
· Coordinating the capacity building initiatives of CSO sub-awardees including provision of logistical support for field visits and local, district, provincial and national level events.
· Troubleshooting challenges with IFES Nepal sub award programs.
· Providing other project implementation and administrative support, as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science, sociology or a related field;
· Two years of demonstrable and relevant experience in CSO partner management or related field. Experience working with international NGOs is preferable;
· Experience working on CSO partner projects, project implementation and monitoring;
· Advanced computer skills (MS Office) are required;
· Editing and report writing skills in English and Nepali;
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness, and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
· Collaborative, team-oriented individual who is willing and capable of working independently where necessary;
· Ability to prioritize, take direction, and remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
· Availability to travel up to 20%.
The position is open to Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their application and an updated CV with name of two references and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 4:00 PM, June 24, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written test. Undue influence at any stage of the processes will lead to automatic disqualification. People with disabilities, women, and candidates from marginalized groups are highly encouraged to apply.