- Company: SADA Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Gothalapani Baitadi
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Post Graduate / Masters in related field.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Date: 14th June, 2018
Social Awareness & Development Association (SADA) Nepal, Baitadi is a civil Society Organization, started with a motto of “Working together for a just Society” and derived from socio-economic progressive movement. The Organization is registered with the Government of Nepal (GoN). SADA has adopted organizational and cultural values (viz. justice, peace, harmony and equity) while implementing programs and providing services to marginalized people. Founded on the basis of egalitarian ideology, it pertains to alleviate human suffering, assist during crisis & act for holistic development of vulnerable people. Basic concept of self-sustained and participatory development practices are leading values for the organizational strategic plan. Good governance, transparency and accountability are core values practiced by the Organization throughout the programs and organizational practices. It has been working to improve the livelihood of people through improved agricultural practices ,natural resource management, health WASH and sanitation, Disaster risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adoption (CCA), and education.
SADA Baitadi has been implementing program entitled “Promoting Agriculture Health &Alternative Livelihood (PAHAL) in Baitadi District as a local partner, funded by USAID and lead by Mercy Corps Nepal. SADA invites applications from willing and qualified applicants for the following positions with cover letter and updated CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June, 2018 in official time.
Position: Program Coordinator
Required Number: 1
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Promoting Agriculture, Health and Alternative Livelihoods (PAHAL) Program has been implementing in Baitadi District, implemented by Social Awareness and Development Association (SADA) Nepal, funded by USAID and lead by Mercy Corps Nepal and PAHAL consortium team –among Plan International, FIC, Geohazard international &Nepalese partners NTGA, Rupantaran, RIMS-Nepal & SAPPROS.
The Program Coordinator (PC) will be directly responsible for implementation and monitoring of PAHAL activities in district level. The PC will also be responsible for meeting reporting requirements and adhering to deadlines, primary liaison with district stakeholders, program partners and beneficiary communities at the district level. The position will direly work with LNGO staff as a supervisor a
Report to District Coordinator. S/he will also be responsible for beneficiary training and capacity building; technical support to implementation of PAHAL program activities.
- Identify the capacity building needs e.g. personal development and organizational needs, essential for the PAHAL program.
- Provide support to the partner staff in enhancing their knowledge, capacity and awareness of ecological system, economic system, social system and transformative as well as monitoring evaluation and learning (MEL) system
- Support partner to organize District, Municipality / Rural Municipality andCommunity level events /workshops/trainings.
- Provide technical support to partner staff and beneficiary communities in carrying out PVCA, Market analysis, and other DRR/CCA, Financial Services, Technical Education and Vocational Training, and WASH and nutrition related assessments as per program requirements.
- Provide necessary support to staff members for maintaining coordination and cooperation with DWASH CC, MWASH CC, RMWASH CC, and WWASH CC during planning, implementing, reviewing, monitoring of WASH and Nutrition related activities.
- Coordinate with District Coordinator (DC) for all field activities in the district.
- Utilize personal knowledge, connections and skills to build sustainable and productive relationships with and between diverse key stakeholders (DADC, DPAC, Nutrition and Food Security Committee, etc.) from the government, public, private and civic sectors.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting
- Facilitate the achievement by the PC and partner team members of performance-based targets and outcomes and support efforts to design effective, proactive, and iterative M&E systems.
- Ensure monitoring of field level activities within the district to be on time, target and budget, and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Support DC for regular DPAC monitoring visits and meetings to share program progress and receive feedback.
- Support WASH Officer for planned joint monitoring visits by D/VWASHCC, M/RM/WWASH CC and meetings to review WASH related program progress and receive feedback.
- Coordinate closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning focal points to generate and collect required information and data in the process of measuring results of program intervention.
- Support DC to generate quality progress reports and documents capturing program learning’s and good practices.
- Ensure that innovative approaches, good practices, particular challenges, or good results are documented to support agency learning.
- Follow reporting requirements monthly/Quarterly plan and report to the DC through appropriate means as required.
- Monitor and ensure integration of inter PAHAL systems and components.
- Support District MEL team to ensure data punctuality and encourage officers and field technical team to entering data timely.
- Establish good coordination with government and non-government stakeholders to prevent duplication of actions.
- As required by the DC, liaise with and represent the program’s components to local government officials, civil society/community leaders, political parties and other key stakeholders in the district.
- Ensure close coordination and information sharing with other partners, local government.
- Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with communities and local government.
- Serve as key focal point for program related issues and problems in the district and seek support from DC as required.
- Master’s degree in social science or any other discipline with three years managerial experience or Bachelor’s degree with five years managerial experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- Good understanding of socio-economic and political context of Nepal.
- Planning and budgeting skill along with understanding of compliance and MEL system.
- Proven Report Writing and Data analysis, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good command on computer applications and fluency in English both in written and spoken.
- Strong communication and liaison skills along with basic knowledge of DRR, Agriculture, financial service and natural resource management components as well as nexus livelihoods and nutrition components.
Note: Only Short listed candidate will be contact for further assessment process, Telephone enquires is not entertained.