- Company: Community Development Center, Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Bidur Municipality-2 Nuwakot
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Team / Program
Fixed Term: October 2019 Possibility with Extension
Directly reporting to Executive Director, will be the responsible person for effectively coordinate and implement appropriate DRR, WASH, Health and Child Protection interventions through strong coordination with Rural Municipality stakeholders ensuring the local Authority Capacity Strengthening Project in Nuwakot district under Terre Des Homes (TDH) Nepal in the districts contributes to the overall program goal, objectives and outcomes.
The Program Coordinator is expected to provide technical and strategic guidance and support to the target beneficiaries for elected rural Municipality representative and concerned stakeholder so as to enhance and strengthening their capacity on DRR, WASH, Child Protection and Health.
The Program Coordinator shall be responsible to ensure capacity enhancement of the rural municipality elected representative. The incumbent should also boost morale of community and field staff to work hard and cultivate spirit of team work, consultation, mutual learning, synergy and leveraging of resources in order to deliver quality outputs. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining congenial working relationships with local government, government officials, donors, media, and other key stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Plan and effectively implement the field level activities based on the project
- Effectively coordinate with the project team and implement the program
- Provide technical assistance to the stakeholder of rural Municipality on WASH, DRR, Child Protection and Health
- Plan and implementation the program as per Detail implementation plan
2. MONITORING AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Regular field visit, monitoring of field activities and ensure the quality of the program.
- Make regular field visit to collect and data verification and support to follow M&E system at field level.
- Assist in monitoring the activities of consultant and other team members.
- Participate in intensive monitoring visit along with team
3. DATA COLLECTION, SYNTHESIS AND REPORT WRITING
- Timely monitoring and reporting to concerned authorities on provided reporting formats.
- Ensure all visit and training reports within a week of accomplishment.
- Ensure that lessons learnt are well documented and shared among the team and project partners.
- Document, analyze and synthesize findings and produce reports for wider sharing.
- Prepare success stories, best practices and case study
4. COMMUNICATION, NETWORKING AND COORDINATION
- Participate in Rural Municipality level & others line agencies meeting and share project's mandate.
- Assess possibilities of resource sharing with GOs/ INGO's in district level
- Coordinate the work of the project with other partners and report on progress.
- Establish and maintain congenial working relationships with multi-partners, relevant government line agencies, donors, private sectors and civil society organizations.
5. ADMIN, FINANCE, HR AND COMPLIANCE
- Assist Executive Director in reviewing the program and its strategies.
- Ensure timely assistance on administrative matters of the project activities.
- Ensure that the project related interventions are managed in a manner which is in line with the government policies and procedures, and achieves the project outcomes and demonstrate remarkable change.
- Cross sharing of program learning on regular basis.
- Ensure WASH, DRR, CP interventions are conducted in accordance with all statutory requirements.
- To obey the code of conduct made by organization and other concerned policies.
- Ensure use of tools and template at the district as well as community level.
ADDITIONAL POSITION DESCRIPTION/REQUIREMENTS
Program Coordinator will need to be able to analyze and react to situations as they arise on a variety of subjects ranging from project decisions to issues related to government and donor relations. The candidate must have capacity and willingness to listen, learn and apply lessons learned with strong analytical skills, by understanding the context. S/he must use interpolation skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem.
- Master in sociology and Rural Development or related field with 3 years of work experience (Agriculture/livestock)
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
- Strong interest to work on issues related to WASH, DRR, Child Protection and Health and Good Governance.
- Experience of designing innovative and suitable interventions.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills.
- Fluency in both (written and oral) English and Nepali.
- Networking skills to effectively correspond with a diverse audience in different setting.
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented sites and able to accommodate and adjust in difficult working conditions and tough field situations.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to details including proactive, creativity and reliability.
- Proficient in M.S. Office (Excel, Power Point and Word) and Knowledge of basic statistical concept.
Position title: Social Mobilization Officer
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervisor of the Program Manager of DIFID WASH project the post holder will be responsible for leading community mobilization and will work with target communities, health and WASH institutions and other structures in the operation area of CDC-Nepal. The role of the Social Mobilization Officer (SMO) is to build partnership, stakeholder's support and mobilize efforts to drive participant's attention to WASH activities and deliver expected results. SMO will be a "Catalyst" for raising community activism, participation and ownership towards the action, building the capacity and empowerment of the target community, health care service users. The SMO will provide continued on the ground support to community stakeholders in the organizing and delivering project activities.
- Under the direct supervision of the program coordinator conduct a thorough assessment of
- Health and WASH facilities in target communities.
- Work with the PM to engage community actors in a dialogue around an interdisciplinary analysis of strength and weakness in the community practices, mechanisms and systems towards improving health care delivery and WASH activities in target communities.
- Mobilize local partners (teacher, school/institution caregivers, medical nurses and other professionals as appropriate) to support CDC-Nepal under DFID strategy at each location.
- Facilitate development of community specific action plans and provide technical guidance throughout their implementation.
- Regularly monitor field activities and maintain working relationships with community leaders, professional networks and other program stakeholders. Ensure timely information to the PC about issues and successes of the activities and contribute to periodic report to donors.
- Provide support in establishment of community monitoring groups with participation of community based organization (CBO), NGOs and professional networks.
- Organize on the ground activities forpiloting of WASH systems, conduct monitoring of project activities, and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Compile timely regular and circumstantial reports to PC.
- Strengthening interpersonal personalcounseling (IPC), triage and isolation procedures and infrastructure in targeted WASH facilities.
- Building local/community health and WASH capacity to prevent, responds, mitigation WASH project.
- Engaging and educating communities on prevention, response and mitigation of Project
- Improving WASH infrastructure in targeted health facilities
- Facilitating the government's expanded program of WASH in targeted remote areas
- This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this post and the post holder may from time to time, be required to undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV with position title, a cover letter and a list of 2 referees, along with their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org : Please mention the name of position as a subject line. Applications will be received until 7th April 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for selection process. Mention your Salary expectation on cover letter.
CDC-Nepal places human dignity at the center of its relief and development work. At the heart of CDC-Nepal efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CDC-Nepal commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CDC-Nepal Employees and Related Personnel. CDC-Nepal has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CDC-Nepal takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CDC-Nepal Employees and Related Personnel. CDC-Nepal initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.
Women and candidates from socially disadvantaged, minority, and indigenous communities are highly encouraged to apply.