- Company: Child Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Gopikrishna marg, Chabahil
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Child Nepal (CN) in partnership with Planete Enfants and Developpment (PED) is implementing second phase of the Better Future for Mother and Children (BFMC) Project in Gongabu area of Kathmandu. The project has three major flagship areas i.e. Gender Equality, ECD and Advocacy. The project aims to work with mothers working in entertainment sector and their children with an objective to promote gender equality and protection women against exploitation and create a long-term conditions fostering an environment conducive to the development of young children
Position: Outreach Officer
Number of candidate required: 1
Purpose: The outreach officer will be responsible in preparing the outreach plan that helps in making a contact with women working in entertainment sector and their children.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment till March 2019 based in Kathmandu with the possibility of extension.
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, preferably sociology/social work or law
- At least two year experience working in ECD and entertainment sector
- Experience in project documentation
- Basic understanding on entertainment sector, relevant stakeholders, by laws and policies.
- Prepare an community outreach plan in close consultation with project coordinator
- Make daily outreach plan and engage in the outreach works targeting women and mothers involved in entertainment sector
- Motivate the mothers/women engaged in entertainment sector to send their 3-5 years age-group children in ECD centre operated through the project
- Make a specific follow-up plan to women in engaged in entertainment sector bearing children of 3-5 year age-group
- Facilitate community level different awareness and motivational sessions on gender equality, child rights etc.
- Outreach with the men who want to be role models in their areas on gender equality
- Facilitate to launch community level activities and campaigns planned by the project
- Identify women/mothers engaged in entertainment sector who want to leave this profession and make a continuous follow-up to them for potential vocational trainings and Income Generating Programs
- Actively participate in the planning/review meeting and present the opportunities and challenges faced during outreach and take some possible ways to mitigate those problems in consultation with project coordinator
- Submit the daily outreach report to project coordinator
- Prepare an outreach database and community outreach mapping
- Support in the documentation of reports, case stories, success stories, photos and videos related to the project and submit to the project coordinator
Application deadline for all positions: April 12, 2018
Interested Candidates in above mentioned positions can drop hard copy of the application along with a copy of citizenship, academic qualifications and recent CV in following address.
Child Nepal (CN)
Gopikrishna Marg, Chabahil (Opposite to Chabahil Futsal)
Contact: 01- 4822002, 4812417 (Inquiry only for office location)