- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Kathmandu
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
Summary of Primary Duties
The MEL Officer will support the implementation of the program’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning strategy, systems, and procedures, including the collection and analysis of monitoring data.
- Assist MEL Manager in managing the MEL system and provides training in data collection to program staff and local partners
- Work with MEL Manager and municipal mobilizers to collect data for inclusion in MEL plan
- Support MEL Manager in data collection, tracking indicators, and activity results.
- Ensure that data collection processes are implemented accurately in field offices and sites.
- Support capacity building training sessions as needed.
- University degree in a relevant field required. Masters preferred.
- 5 years of experience in MEL and knowledge of USAID Performance Reporting Standards
- Previous experience working on USAID projects with USAID data reporting is strongly preferred
- At least one year of experience in survey development is preferred.
Location and Reporting
The MELOfficer will be based in Kathmandu and will report to the MELManager.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by November 20, 2019. Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.