- Company: Economic Policy Incubator
- Industry: Other
- Address: Metro Park Building, Lazimpat
- 5+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Economic Policy Incubator (EPI) works to strengthen Nepal's economic policies and the economic policy process. The EPI is funded by DFID, and implemented by Palladium International Limited, in partnership with South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics & Environment (SAWTEE) and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI). The EPI:
- Supports stakeholders to analyse and consult on economic policy issues, linking research and dialogue to policy processes and to locally-owned reform initiatives.
- Directly promotes improved policy on selected issues, helping Nepali actors to drive tangible and sustainable policy changes, with measurable effects on economic performance.
- Works with government bodies to improve economic governance and policy processes, strengthening institutions in a focused and problem-driven manner.
Palladium is looking for a MEL Officer to join the programme team at the Economic Policy Incubator (EPI).
The MEL Officer will oversee and support the effective implementation of the MEL framework for the EPI programme. The position will be based in Kathmandu with the potential for intermittent travel to project and partner locations outside of Kathmandu. The role of the MEL Officer will be to track programme performance according to set benchmarks, contribute to structured internal decision-making processes and iterative learning, and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the project over the course of the initiative.
The MEL Officer will be line managed by the Team Leader and will receive technical support from the M&E Advisor. The MEL Offficer is expected to work collaboratively with partners, grantees and other AiiN pillars 1 and 3.
The MEL Officer will be primarily responsible for the following:
Oversee and implement the EPI monitoring system
- Manage and implement systems for results-based monitoring of programme activities to ensure quality of outputs and achievement of performance targets.
- Where necessary, design additions edits or alterations to the results framework and monitoring systems
Learning and adaptive management
- Facilitate and improve feedback forums on a regular basis to share accumulated learning across within the team and advise programme decision makers on the improvements to activity design and implementation processes.
- Lead on capturing lessons-learned in key programme documents.
- Support M&E Adviser to facilitate regular reviews of programme strategy and implementation experience.
- Support development and revision of programme Theory of Change (ToC) and project-specific ToCs.
System management and implementation
- Collate information and draft monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for programme activities.
- Support development of lessons-learned notes, as appropriate.
- Maintain the knowledge management system.
- Support revisions to the MEL Plan and implement improvements accordingly.
Research and Evaluation
- Contribute to identification of formative research studies to be undertaken by the programme, including but not limited to political economy analysis.
- Support or lead development of ToRs for formative research to be undertaken by the project and oversee their implementation.
- Undertake case studies to demonstrate the contribution of the programme to intended outcomes.
Coordination and capacity building
- Work collaboratively to build the MEL capacity of local partners, including grantees of EPI where appropriate.
- Coordinate with other programmes to promote synergies across research, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, sharing of lessons learned and triangulation of observations, particularly across pillars 1 and 3.
- Coordinate with independent evaluators, provided an independent evaluation is commissioned, to share relevant programme data and provide an overview of internal MEL mechanisms pertinent to third-party assessments.
- Liaise with stakeholder and team members to collect and present success stories as well as highlight areas for improvement to be analysed during process evaluations and annual programme reviews.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of M&E system design and implementation with responsibility for organisational/programme learning.
- Experience conducting monitoring or evaluation for DFID or another large bilateral donor.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferable) in a relevant subject such as social science, political science, organizational development, M&E or similar.
- Ability to work and write in both English and Nepali language.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated formal training in the area of monitoring and evaluation is a plus.
- Past experience working on economic development, economic policy, or private sector development.
- Experience of implementing flexible/adaptive programming or designing monitoring systems to support adaptive implementation.
- Track record of experience of M&E capacity development of teams or partner organizations.
- Experience of knowledge management and communication.
Deadline: 25th October, 2018
To Apply for the position please go through the link below and follow the procedure: