- Company: CAMRIS International
- Industry: Other
- Address: 78 Naya Basti Marg
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant (1)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to assist a fast-paced project expected to produce high-quality M&E work under tight timelines. This is a short-term, deliverable-based position working with a team located in Baluwatar, Kathmandu. The consultant will work primarily in component 2 under the senior-level Evaluation Specialist focusing on managing and contributing to evaluations, assessments, studies, and baseline data collections. However, he or she will work with or under other staff as directed.
- Under the supervision of the senior-level Evaluation Specialist, undertake quality control of consulting teams in developing and implementing qualitative and quantitative evaluations or assessments including planning for data collections, development of protocols, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Oversee or undertake field work managing, overseeing, or participating in both qualitative and quantitative data collections by small or large field teams
- Provide technical feedback on study and evaluation scopes of work from the client
- Join or oversee external teams in coding and analyzing qualitative data collected from the field.
- Undertake basic to moderate-level analysis of quantitative or qualitative data
- Work across multiple sectors
- Help liaise with external consultants (expat and Nepali), evaluators, subject matter experts, translators, and transcribers.
- Perform related administrative, logistic, and organizing responsibilities involving the studies, as assigned.
- Provide deliverables as requested and report regularly on tasks assigned.
- An advanced degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation in Nepal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in evaluation and research with at least 3 of years heavily involving evaluation or research strongly preferred
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Experience working on both third-party and internal evaluations preferred
- Field experience in undertaking data collection in the field strongly preferred
- Experience across sectors preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously required
- Experience and skills in statistical analysis preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali required
- Experience writing and editing reports in English at a sophisticated level required
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by August 27, 2019 at the following link. Applications will be reviewed and accepted for assignments on a rolling basis and may be kept on file for future need.