- Company: Janasewa Samaj Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Jalapa-4 (Diktel Rupakot Majhuwagadhi Municipality
- Medical / Nursing
- 3+ years
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Janasewa Samaj Nepal (JSSN) is a community-based NGO working in Nepal’s remote eastern hills. The JSSNwas founded in 1991 by a group of young and energetic community leaders who refused to abandon their hillside homes for the bright lights of the city. The JSSN believes, transformation of an equitable, self-reliant, and prosperous society is possible. The JSSN has run several grassroot projects, including preventative health programs in northern Khotang for 25 years partnering with Government of Nepal and I/NGOs.
Janasewa Community Hospital is opened in November, 2013 by JSSN as the first community-run hospital in eastern hills. The hospital has an emergency room, a 15-bed wardroom, a lab, a delivery room, an x-ray room, an eye-care room, a pharmacy, and staff quarters. It provides maternal and child healthcare, emergency care, eye health, and general services.
The JSSN invites applications from qualified Nepali citizens for the following position at Janasewa Community Hospital in Jalapa, Khotang.
Functional Title: MBBS Doctor
Work Station: Diktel-Rupakot Majhuwagadhi Municipality Ward no 12, Jalapa, Khotang
Report to: Executive Director
Duration: One year (possibility of extension)
Required Qualification, Experiences, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery (MBBS)
- 3 years of prior experience in clinical practice and medication.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience in supervising subordinate medical care staff.
- Technically sound in providing medical direction and managing administrative roles.
- Good report writing skills and response to Hospital Management Committee, Executive Board, and stakeholders.
- Able to use video x-ray machine and MEDIPROsoftware.
- Excellent team building, coordination, networking skills.
- Work experience in rural district and willingness to work at remote area.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and Nepali.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide medical direction and supervise medical care team to ensure quality health services.
- Developannual clinical plan, clinical practice guidelines, and prepare reports for the Hospital Management Committee, Executive Board, and stakeholders.
- Organizemedical care team meetings in regular basis.
- Establish linkage and coordination with stakeholders to improve available health services and expand its scope.
- Work closely with Manager to address mutual concerns and enhance medical care services.
- Assess the capacity of subordinate staff and train them to deliver effective health care interventions.
- Lead to conduct monthly and periodic review and planning meeting of the hospital.
- Manage and maintain day to day communication and coordination with district office.
Salaries and benefits: As per organization’s rules and regulation.
Interested candidates with the above mentioned criteria can apply and should forward an Application/Cover letter along with updated CV with contact details of minimum 2 referees to Jana SewaSamaj Nepal, Jalapa, Khotang or email@example.com before 5:00 PM of 2nd December 2018.
Priority will be given to the candidates who are willing to work in rural areas. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. JSSN reserves the right to reject any all application without assigning any reason. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Advertised: November 16, 2018
Application close: December 2, 2018